Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Jumpman, Jumpman: Jordan Week

Highlighted

Jumpman, Jumpman: Jordan Week

As the NBA's best heads to Charlotte for All-Star 2019, NBA.com is paying homage to Charlotte Hornets owner and NBA legend Michael Jordan.

Man can't fly, you say? Jordan forced you to reconsider.

Before Jordan, shoes weren't nearly as important as the game that you brought to the floor. Not anymore.

He even helped defeat the Monstars.

MV5BOTg4ZDJkNmEtMTFmYy00ZTA1LWEzMDktYjY2YmE2ZTRjYzFiL2ltYWdlL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDQ1MDIxNDc@._V1_.jpg

Find out everything that makes MJ the Greatest Of All Time!

Message 1 of 7
Solution
Accepted by topic author Moderator
Accepted by ATTCommunityTeam
‎02-14-2019 7:13 AM

Re: Jumpman, Jumpman: Jordan Week

As we get ready for this weekend's All-Star 2019, where AT&T will bring basketball fans closer to the thrill of the game, enjoy this week-long salute to to His Airness, from NBA.com, then tell us ...

What is your favorite memory of the G.O.A.T?

Message 2 of 7

The Flu Game

130924113026-michael-jordan-scottie-pippen-flu-game-092413.1280x720.jpg

Message 3 of 7
Administrator

I remember being on a business trip in (ironically) Charlotte and watching Game 6 of the Bulls and Jazz Finals in my hotel room.

It was a long, badly played and low scoring game. Both teams were sloppy, Pippen's back injury made himself a nearly total non-factor, Rodman was more concerned with trying out wrestling moves with Malone than playing hard and it honestly looked like the Bulls reign was done.

When - with 17 seconds left - and a 1-point lead the Jazz, inexplicably, elected to not double-team Michael Jordan. Jordan might have committed a slight push off of Russell Smiley Wink and hit the shot, to win his sixth championship.

I used to have a photo of this shot, as a pullout poster from SLAM Magazine and what I was always obsessed with was the look on the faces of the Jazz fans, behind the basket. That look, simultaneously shared by hundreds of people, who already knew the shot was going to be good before it even hits the basket.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 7
Administrator

@davidbk wrote:

I used to have a photo of this shot, as a pullout poster from SLAM Magazine and what I was always obsessed with was the look on the faces of the Jazz fans, behind the basket. That look, simultaneously shared by hundreds of people, who already knew the shot was going to be good before it even hits the basket.

The photo I was referring to ...

maxresdefault.jpg

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 5 of 7
Mentor

I was too young to understand basketball when Michael Jordan was at the peak of his career, but I remember watching a lot of highlight reels of his slam dunks.

I also remember him on Space Jam. LOL

My dad, meanwhile, has been a Lakers fan ever since I can remember, but he cannot deny how amazing MJ is as a basketball player. He knew for a fact that the Bulls were a formidable force to reckon with back then.

Message 6 of 7
Administrator

@JaeDee, I turned 22, the weekend Space Jam came out.

All of my friends, in college, took me out to dinner, gave me the Space Jam soundtrack as a gift, and bought out the entire first row of the theater.

True story. 

Message 7 of 7
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support