Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Biggest NBA Surprise

Biggest NBA Surprise

We’re just past 1/2-way through the NBA season and I’m wondering what, so far, everyone’s biggest surprise is?

Mine is that the Sacramento Kings has become my go-to NBA League Pass team. 

Tags (2)
Message 1 of 24
Associated Member

Re: Biggest NBA Surprise

Lol, Those jerseys are hideous. Ingram kind of reminds me of Beasley, all this potential but the ethic/effot is just not there. I agree it takes time to learn how to play with Bron but these guys are young and should have been able to adjust quicker than Bosh or Love did. 

It really does fit tthe Bucks to have Lopez though, Giannis & Bledsoe are both Slashers and Lopez pulling the big man out opens up the floor. The Bucks are definitely a fun team to watch too, I don't see them going to the finals though.TOR or BOS take them out imo.

*I am a trusted partner that is associated with AT&T, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 16 of 24
Administrator

I might take the Bucks coming out of the east. Granted .... part of that is the Laker in me refusing to give Boston anything Smiley Tongue but, as much as I like watching the Raptors, at this point they're going to have prove it to me that they're a serious contender. As much as I love Lowry he has disappeared nearly every postseason and I'm not ready to put my money on Ibaka just yet.

I hope you're wrong about Ingram but I'm having my doubts. I honestly thought he had Durant possibilities - similar body type, similar game. I liked him as a rookie and he made such a great jump from his first to second season - I was hoping for another leap, this year. Again, I can live with him feeling out of place with Lebron but this past month - without James - has been really disappointing. Not that they'd lose - that's to be expected - but he just seems unwilling to be the man when everyone around him is begging him to do so. /rant

And - honestly - if my team tried to make me dress like a Rodeo Clown, I think I'd quit. Smiley Very Happy

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 17 of 24
Associated Member

I mean, The Rodeo clown jerseys aren't that bad. I'd be out there saying "Well Howdy, we gonna run the good ole Play 5 now boys" and totally owning it, lolol. 

I hope I'm wrong too, but he definitely doesn't look interested in taking any initiative, again such a shame given what he could be.

The Raptors have always gone away in the post season, however Kawhi is not Derozan. Kawhi has shown great leadership abilities, maybe we see Lowry actually step up this year, I'm not sold on Ibaka either and in no means can he carry a full load anymore, but he has always played with passion in the post season. I'm hoping they make it pretty deep into the Post season, I just don't want them to disappear again lol. 

*I am a trusted partner that is associated with AT&T, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 18 of 24
Administrator

@Ulak34 wrote:

I mean, The Rodeo clown jerseys aren't that bad. I'd be out there saying "Well Howdy, we gonna run the good ole Play 5 now boys" and totally owning it, lolol. 

Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 19 of 24
Associated Member

@MettaWorldGeese I know you post about the NBA quite often. What do you think about the Raptors this year? Can they beat out Philly? Or does Boston surprise anyone? 

Who do you guys think comes out of the East? I say the Bucks do. 

Message 20 of 24

@Ulak34 

I like Toronto but they're going to have to prove to me that they can make it through the playoffs (fool me once ...) & I love Embiid and Simmons but I don't trust a team with Jimmy Butler on it.

I think you're right about the Bucks. Adding Mirotic might have been the best move any team made and Giannis is just a monster. Can you imagine how great Giannis will be, once he gets a reliable jumpshot? smh ...

Message 21 of 24
Associated Member

@MettaWorldGeese He'd be scary, no doubt. Look at what he does even without a reliable jumper. I like Toronto a lot, but they seem to always fade in the playoffs. I do think they'll be a bit stronger this year, Kawhi has shown he can lead a team and they have Vets with experience in Ibaka & Gasol. They also signed J Lin, and Rumor has it they're after Markieff Morris. If they can get him, I would really love to see how far they go. The East will be fun since we know for sure LeBron isn't gonna take it. Lol

Message 22 of 24

Toronto is a solid team, and I'm a fan of Lowry. But, even with Kawhi, Green and Gasol, they still have a bunch of players (including Ibaka and Lowry) who disappeared in the playoffs. I hope I'm wrong but I'm going to need them to prove it to me, you know? lol

Message 23 of 24
Associated Member

I hear you. I would love to see them finally make it into the Finals though. But I think the Bucks are just to strong. 

Message 24 of 24
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support