Wireless Forums

Posted Apr 6, 2008
1:19:57 PM
View profile
Phone number block/Unknown
Hi,

If I have a phone number blocked, can someone circumvent that block by calling with their Caller ID blocked?

If so, can AT&T offer an option on this service to block all incoming calls that do not have their Caller ID on, such as for "Unknown" numbers?

Thank you.
Hi,

If I have a phone number blocked, can someone circumvent that block by calling with their Caller ID blocked?

If so, can AT&T offer an option on this service to block all incoming calls that do not have their Caller ID on, such as for "Unknown" numbers?

Thank you.

Phone number block/Unknown

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 16, 2008 5:41:50 PM
(0)
Contributor
You can block certian numbers im not sure exactly how im trying to see how to UN do it.
You can block certian numbers im not sure exactly how im trying to see how to UN do it.

Re: Phone number block/Unknown

2 of 6 (44,817 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 9, 2008 12:32:40 AM
(0)
Teacher
you can block up to 15 phone numbers.  if it comes from other numbers it wont block them.  If its private AT&T's switch can see thru that and will block the number. 
you can block up to 15 phone numbers.  if it comes from other numbers it wont block them.  If its private AT&T's switch can see thru that and will block the number. 

3 of 6 (44,504 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 11, 2008 12:38:53 PM
(0)
Contributor
How can I block numbers and if a call comes in Private is there a way to block that one too even if I don't see a number?
Is there a charge for call block?
How can I block numbers and if a call comes in Private is there a way to block that one too even if I don't see a number?

4 of 6 (44,460 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 12, 2008 6:44:25 AM
(0)
Expert

BbonHere wrote:

Check this link HERE.

Knight Rider Rules.gif

AT&T's return policy has changed effective 10/07/12.  You have 14 days to return the device & cxl without a ETF.  Policy info HERE.

Where is Justin Timberlake when you need him?. I need him to billed me a bridge to get a cross all these tears from complainers.This post is protected under the laws of the United States & other Countries. Unauthorized duplication, Distribution may result in civil liability & criminal prosecution.The OP gratefully acknowledge the cooperation of: The mods, Fellow forumites, Canada, The United States Of America, Mexico, USVI & Europe. As well as James Bond.

When the going gets rough, hide in a pillow fort and pretend you don't exist.

BbonHere wrote:

Check this link HERE.

Knight Rider Rules.gif

AT&T's return policy has changed effective 10/07/12.  You have 14 days to return the device & cxl without a ETF.  Policy info HERE.

Where is Justin Timberlake when you need him?. I need him to billed me a bridge to get a cross all these tears from complainers.This post is protected under the laws of the United States & other Countries. Unauthorized duplication, Distribution may result in civil liability & criminal prosecution.The OP gratefully acknowledge the cooperation of: The mods, Fellow forumites, Canada, The United States Of America, Mexico, USVI & Europe. As well as James Bond.

When the going gets rough, hide in a pillow fort and pretend you don't exist.

5 of 6 (44,441 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 13, 2008 11:48:42 AM
(0)
Master
Edited by Zandora on May 13, 2008 at 11:48:56 AM

BbonHere wrote:

I'm not sure AT&T's SmartLimits can block Private numbers, unless you actually know what that private number is :smileysad:

I know that there are 3rd party software that can do this.

Assuming you have a WM phone, you can try MagiCall or Photo Contacts Pro. Both of them have "reject unknown" or "reject private numbers" options. You can download a free trial (do one until it expires then the other, so you'll have a total of 7-10 days of "free use" ) -- Then you can decide which one (if any) works better for you. (Or maybe your problem will go away after).

If you do *not* have a WM phone, you might want to search for a Reject list, some phones have that built in. I think it would be located under Start > Phone > Settings ...

HTH

Message Edited by csp_gp on 05-13-2008 02:48:56 PM

BbonHere wrote:

I'm not sure AT&T's SmartLimits can block Private numbers, unless you actually know what that private number is :smileysad:

I know that there are 3rd party software that can do this.

Assuming you have a WM phone, you can try MagiCall or Photo Contacts Pro. Both of them have "reject unknown" or "reject private numbers" options. You can download a free trial (do one until it expires then the other, so you'll have a total of 7-10 days of "free use" ) -- Then you can decide which one (if any) works better for you. (Or maybe your problem will go away after).

If you do *not* have a WM phone, you might want to search for a Reject list, some phones have that built in. I think it would be located under Start > Phone > Settings ...

HTH

Message Edited by csp_gp on 05-13-2008 02:48:56 PM
Posted from my Samsung Captivate

[ Edited ]
6 of 6 (44,393 Views)