Wednesday, September 4th, 2013 1:56 AM

what are off-net calls

What are off-net calls

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

This should explain what your asking: Understanding On Net and Off Net calls - AT&T U-verse Voice Support

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Did that make things clearer? Sure didn't for me. I have been an ATT customer for years, as has my mom in NYS. My kids are all ATT wireless customers as are my husband and myself. My father in law worked at ATT when it was Ma Bell. Now, after all these years, my ATT account is billed for calling these people! Want to get more confused? Get on chat. The reps are apparently as confused as we are. First they say off net is charged once you've met your time/call limit, then they say you get 250 min on net and 250 off net, then they say you have to pay if you call a non ATT acct, a landline, etc. If my husband didn't work from home and use the fax machine I'd cancel it altogether.

Btw, suggestion: if you get on chat print it, if you talk to customer service, record it. They count on you not doing this, therefore having no proof of what you were promised/told when you call to argue. That's a whole other story!

Did we receive notification of these changes in billing? Look back at your bills. I have no off net charges prior to Nov 2013's bill. Why? I call a very limited number of people. Also, if landlines are off net, does this mean every call I make to a bank, store, take out, customer service rep, doctor's office, etc will be billed extra?

bkmom3

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.