Protect yourself online
justwanttoknow's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, January 20th, 2016 10:48 PM

freezing up

why is it that when I am on my ATT.net email account it freezes up constantly.

I type and then look up and it is just spinning away.  I usually have to move the cursor to another spot and it will unfreeze but all that to retype it over again. 
It freezes up when want to compose an email and I ususally have to shut it down and reopen to get it to work, but it doesn't work for long, it will freeze again a little while later. 

BLC

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

8 years ago

Hi @justwanttoknow,

Sorry to read of this, does anything else freeze up by chance? Regular browsing? In the past, when the icon spins and locks up, the computer itself was handling a lot of processes which slowed the system down. Deleting cache, cookies, and temporary internet files may help. Also, we did go through a recent email change and it requires the latest browser. This link will have more information. 

Let us know if this helps. 

-ATTU-verseCare

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

It only freezes when I'm using my email account.  It is very annoying.  I cannot even type two or three words without if freezing.  I then have to move my mouse and click somewhere else on the document and most of the time it will stop the icon from spinning.  This is not acceptable.  What is AT&T doing to fix the problem. 

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

8 years ago

Hi,

We are sorry you are having this issue. The mail site can be intensive at times and is optimized for the latest browsers. One thing to try is using a different browser. Also, you can switch to basic view by clicking the gear on the top, select settings, and you will see the option at the bottom for mail version. Select Basic.

Hope this helps.

-ATTU-verseCare 

• 

10 Messages

3 years ago

For the last several months my ATT.net freezes several times a day. I usually have to wait 4-5 minutes for it to free up. I've noticed that this occurs when the ads are changing frames. Other tabs are running fine.   Yes, I've tried other browsers and have had same results.  This needs to be addressed as this is very annoying when trying reply/ check email.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.