Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jan 16, 2013
2:31:07 PM
View profile
Why am I not able to receive calls?

After my installation yesterday I have been able to make calls but no calls are coming in. Please help!

After my installation yesterday I have been able to make calls but no calls are coming in. Please help!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 16, 2013 4:33:50 PM
(0)
Employee

There are three main possible causes of this. Your All Call Forwarding or Do Not Disturb feature may be enabled sending all your incoming calls directly to voicemail or a different number assigned to call forwarding. It Could also be that your number has not been activated yet therefore the porting has not completed.

To check for the All Call Forwarding feature being enabled log in to your account at www.att.com

• In the Home Phone area select Manage features.
  • Click Phone Features
  • Check the Call Forwarding section and Do Not Disturb, if the All Call Forwarding or Do Not Disturb is ON this was your problem.
  • Expand the feature by clicking on it and select the Off radio button and Save

If you were unable to access these features by login in then it is possible the number is not activated yet.

Pick up your home phone and dial 877-377-0016. This is the telephone activation line. Follow the instructions you will hear. If there is a more complex problem with the phone number it will get you in touch with a service agent that is able to research the problem in more detail.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Accepted Solution

Why am I not able to receive calls?

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 16, 2013 4:33:50 PM
(0)
Employee

There are three main possible causes of this. Your All Call Forwarding or Do Not Disturb feature may be enabled sending all your incoming calls directly to voicemail or a different number assigned to call forwarding. It Could also be that your number has not been activated yet therefore the porting has not completed.

To check for the All Call Forwarding feature being enabled log in to your account at www.att.com

• Click Phone Features
  • Check the Call Forwarding section and Do Not Disturb, if the All Call Forwarding or Do Not Disturb is ON this was your problem.

If you were unable to access these features by login in then it is possible the number is not activated yet.

Pick up your home phone and dial 877-377-0016. This is the telephone activation line. Follow the instructions you will hear. If there is a more complex problem with the phone number it will get you in touch with a service agent that is able to research the problem in more detail.

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.

• Click Phone Features

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Why am I not able to receive calls?

2 of 3 (1,556 Views)
Solution
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 7, 2013 4:23:38 PM
(0)
Employee
Edited by MorganCS on Nov 7, 2013 at 4:25:41 PM

Hi Blue2013,

I hope your U-verse voice is still working well for you. If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment in the future, feel free to check out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions. Smiley Happy

- MorganCS
- ATTU-verseCare

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.

Hi Blue2013,

I hope your U-verse voice is still working well for you. If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment in the future, feel free to check out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions. Smiley Happy

- MorganCS
- ATTU-verseCare

Re: Why am I not able to receive calls?

[ Edited ]
3 of 3 (1,443 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments