TWCforlife's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, August 9th, 2016 1:01 AM

SCAMMED by AT&T

My elderly parents were tricked into getting AT&T U verse package of TV, home phone and Internet!!! My father was lied to and told that his cell phone would be included in the bill. Some guy just showed up on their doorstep. No one had ever called AT&T in our family. The TV signal goes out several times a day, EVERY DAY!!!! My Mom loves to watch TV, but now she is unable to because the signal goes out ALL the time!!! From 1-3 hours per day each and every day!!!! They also had several times of the phones going out, which is extremely dangerous because of my parents ages and health issues!!! They also continuously loose Internet signals as well!!!! They previously had TWC for 35+ years and NEVER had any kind of problems like this!!!! I am soooo upset about this and if this isn't handled successfully, I will be contacting the Better Business Bureau, the local news and the local newspaper!!!! I absolutely REFUSE to allow AT&T to get away with taking advantage of my elderly parents!!!!

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

8 years ago

The guy who showed up on the doorstep was probably an independent contractor selling Uverse and not an ATT employee. Regardless, it sounds like there is something wrong with the installation. Have you called and reported the issues and scheduled a technician to fix it?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.