HomeBus's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, March 8th, 2014 11:45 PM

HP Fax Machine SetUp with Uverse - Wiring Question

Can anyone provide guidance exactly how to connect the printer to the Uverse Router (i.e. the Fax cable goes from the fax/printer into the Uverse Router (where?)). Is a 'filter' necessary? 

Thank you!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

HomeBus - Maybe we need to start over.

You do have u-verse voice (billed on U-verse bill ) & NOT POTS (billed on separate bill)??

If yes - The dial tone is on the tel 1/2 jack on the router is there a wire plugged in there & what is the other end of that wire - The wall jack or a phone??

Either way, remove the plug from the tel 1/2 jack & plug it in to the tel jack on the printer. Get another wire & connect it from the router tel 1/2 to the printer LINE jack & everything should work.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

HomeBus - The FAX must connect too an analog phone connection. The connector is RJ-11. That is available on the U-verse router as the tel 1/2 jack, if you have u-verse voice.

If you plug the FAX into that jack, you cannot use it for phones. You need a single line, two set jack to connect both. Do you have one built in to the fax machine?

Or, you can connect the router to the wall jack & the house wiring can distribute the dial tone to phones and FAX.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

aviewer,
Thank you for your help. Can you clarify a bit?

I do have a single line two-set jack built into the fax machine.

The router is connected to the wall jack -- how does the house wiring distribute the dial tone (ie what is plugged in where?).

Again - thanks. The router is what is tripping me up --
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.