Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

Questions about your Smartphone data usage? Please join us here for a live “Ask an Expert” event on Wednesday, August 24th from 1-5 pm ET / 10am-2pm PT.

U-verse Forums

Posted Jan 17, 2014
6:57:19 AM
View profile
3COM 3502 IP Phone cannot connect to Uverse 3801HGV gateway using ethernet port.

I just purchaed a 3COM 3502 IP phone with power plug I plugged it into my Cisco 3801HGV gateway on an empty ethernet port but the phone keeps saying "waiting on DHCP server" but I don't know what settings to put into the manual ip address or download server in the phoe n since it won't do it automatically. Hope someone can help.

I just purchaed a 3COM 3502 IP phone with power plug I plugged it into my Cisco 3801HGV gateway on an empty ethernet port but the phone keeps saying "waiting on DHCP server" but I don't know what settings to put into the manual ip address or download server in the phoe n since it won't do it automatically. Hope someone can help.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 17, 2014 7:23:03 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by BeeBeeSA on Jan 17, 2014 at 7:25:09 AM

First of all what are you attempting to do with the phone?  You do realize that the phone you purchased needs to connect back to a 3Com business phone system/voice server, correct?

So with that said, you would need to speak to your company IT person or a rep from the vendor that supplied the communication server to your company and get the correct information needed to set the phone up so you can make it work.

Here is a User Manual : http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.BINARYPORTLET/public/kb/docDisplay/resource.process/?javax.portlet.begCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken&javax.portlet.endCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken&javax.portlet.rid_ba847bafb2a2d782fcbb0710b053ce01=docDisplayResURL&javax.portlet.rst_ba847bafb2a2d782fcbb0710b053ce01=wsrp-resourceState%3DdocId%253Demr_na-c02824414-2%257CdocLocale%253Den_US&javax.portlet.tpst=ba847bafb2a2d782fcbb0710b053ce01_ws_BI&ac.admitted=1389972198490.876444892.492883150

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

3COM 3502 IP Phone cannot connect to Uverse 3801HGV gateway using ethernet port.

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 17, 2014 7:23:03 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by BeeBeeSA on Jan 17, 2014 at 7:25:09 AM

First of all what are you attempting to do with the phone?  You do realize that the phone you purchased needs to connect back to a 3Com business phone system/voice server, correct?

So with that said, you would need to speak to your company IT person or a rep from the vendor that supplied the communication server to your company and get the correct information needed to set the phone up so you can make it work.

Here is a User Manual : http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.BINARYPORTLET/public/kb/docDisplay/resource.proc...

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

Here is a User Manual : http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.BINARYPORTLET/public/kb/docDisplay/resource.process/?javax.portlet.begCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken&javax.portlet.endCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken&javax.portlet.rid_ba847bafb2a2d782fcbb0710b053ce01=docDisplayResURL&javax.portlet.rst_ba847bafb2a2d782fcbb0710b053ce01=wsrp-resourceState%3DdocId%253Demr_na-c02824414-2%257CdocLocale%253Den_US&javax.portlet.tpst=ba847bafb2a2d782fcbb0710b053ce01_ws_BI&ac.admitted=1389972198490.876444892.492883150

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: 3COM 3502 IP Phone cannot connect to Uverse 3801HGV gateway using ethernet port.

[ Edited ]
2 of 4 (1,007 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 17, 2014 7:48:04 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
trafficp - For network connectivity, it usually works top down ( as you are trying). Are you plugging in the network connection when the phone is already powered? you might try connecting while unpowered & power up while already connected.
Finally, try, unpower the gateway & with the phone connected and powered, repower the gateway.
If all this is unsuccessful I may even try repowering the phone while it is connected, again.
trafficp - For network connectivity, it usually works top down ( as you are trying). Are you plugging in the network connection when the phone is already powered? you might try connecting while unpowered & power up while already connected.
Finally, try, unpower the gateway & with the phone connected and powered, repower the gateway.
If all this is unsuccessful I may even try repowering the phone while it is connected, again.

Re: 3COM 3502 IP Phone cannot connect to Uverse 3801HGV gateway using ethernet port.

3 of 4 (998 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 17, 2014 8:06:47 AM
(0)
Contributor

I did not know that thanks well that answered my question.

I did not know that thanks well that answered my question.

4 of 4 (997 Views)