For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Hoodwinked's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, August 30th, 2016 1:47 AM

Expired "Reward Cards"

After a simple web search I realized that I'm not the only person that has had the issue of "Reward Cards" expiring, I just wanted to see if anyone has had any luck getting this issue resolved in a positive manner for we the customer. I realize AT&T is probably having buyers remorse over the Direct TV deal, but it is proof they have a bunch of extra money laying around to resolve issues for customers that have been loyal up until now. The sad thing is no one cares about the customer anymore.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 years ago

@Hoodwinked   Don't know why that happens, the paper the reward card is glued to tells you to spend it quick, it will be expiring quick (2-3 Mo)

Other users have bought Visa gift cards w/the reward cards for no expiration.

The 3 I've gotten all go used up first 2 weeks. Smiley Surprised

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

Some reason it doesn't seem like a "positive program" for consumers when you feel/advise customers to hurry up and go buy other gift cards with the one you just got, because that company has shady practices and plays in the "gray area" of it being legal. I'm contacting my attorney generals office tomorrow to add my complaint to the growing list.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 years ago

@Hoodwinked wrote:
Some reason it doesn't seem like a "positive program" for consumers when you feel/advise customers to hurry up and go buy other gift cards with the one you just got, because that company has shady practices and plays in the "gray area" of it being legal. I'm contacting my attorney generals office tomorrow to add my complaint to the growing list.

@Hoodwinked  "Shady, gray areas", what is this the X-Files?  Think you'll find all terms are legal and probably proactive telling the reward card receiver what he has to do, warning it will expire soon (2-3 months). Smiley Frustrated

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

8 years ago

What do you think is not legal about putting an expiration on a rewards card in clear print on the card itself and also reminding you about that expiration on the mailer insert?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

1. The rewards card isn't free I give them business in exchange for the expected reward. 2. Legal or not is not entirely the issue. They put a limit on the cards so they can catch people and avoid giving out the reward. If it's a gift that's bad manners if people are doing business, they are saying you don't turn over your rewards fast enough, so we'll take your $200 bucks before you get a chance to use it. That's a fraudulent business practice. I used to think I would delay and build rewards up instead of using them instantly a little here a little there. No, it's like the insurance commercial with the guy and the dollar on the fishing line. Ooops, move faster. Ultimately they are saying we care so little for your business we choose to insult you, and we don't care.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

After viewing the responses from "expert problem solvers" on here, I've figured out that anyone can sit in their parents basement and reply to every forum posting in hopes of obtaining the "expert" badge. It's just proof that AT&T has issues from the grassroots level on up.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

8 years ago

@Hoodwinked wrote:
After viewing the responses from "expert problem solvers" on here, I've figured out that anyone can sit in their parents basement and reply to every forum posting in hopes of obtaining the "expert" badge. It's just proof that AT&T has issues from the grassroots level on up.

???????

But thanks for the chuckle.

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

8 years ago

@RSCollins wrote:
1. The rewards card isn't free I give them business in exchange for the expected reward.
2. Legal or not is not entirely the issue. ...

1) No.  The rewards card is your reward from the vendor for doing what they want you to do.  There is no payment of $x to receive $x card value.  It is not a gift card.  It does not follow gift card rules.

2) I understand your feelings, however, the entire reason they do rewards cards instead of giving discounts directly is in hopes that the cards will get forgotten, or only partially used.  Otherwise, why would they go through the added expense of the card service?  This is true of the any Rewards Card program from any vendor.

Mommy says I have to come out of the basement now to eat breakfast so I can go to my pizza delivery job so I can pay for my ____ (insert pimple treatment here, I'm not up on the treatment du jour).

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

Well I received so-so news for future customers. AT&T has a 35 day window after your cards "sunset date" (expiration date) to reload the card. After that they claim there is nothing they can do. If you are past that date, ask for the retention department and they will give you $100 bill credit. Although I didn't receive the full amount of my "reward cards", hopefully this will help someone in the future. As for the customer service reps, 3 out of 4 were pleasant to talk to and those 3 also spoke English as a first language.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.