Bmlund's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Monday, October 5th, 2015 12:39 AM

My DVR is not recording!

Does my main dvr have to be connected to a tv to record? It is connected to the modem and all functions on other boxes work but my recordings aren't showung up and it is not recording current programs

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

9 years ago

@Bmlund - No, it does not have to be connected to a tv to record. But, you might want to try it to see if there is a problem with the DVR communicating with the other boxes.

Perhaps you should try a whole house reboot.

Pull power on all boxes.

Restore the RG wait for all green.

Restore DVR, wait for viewing.

Restore others.

BTW the DVR is powered up - not on a switchable outlet that could remove power & prevent recording.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

I will try the whole house reboot tomorrow. Football is on now..lol. We rearranged our living room yesterday but when we where installed they only hooked it up in one spot and the splicing they did is way too confusing to redo. All on demand functions work. I just tried to pause live tv and it said the dvr is currently unplugged or restarting? It is plugged in and has lights on

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@Bmlund wrote:
I will try the whole house reboot tomorrow. Football is on now..lol. We rearranged our living room yesterday but when we where installed they only hooked it up in one spot and the splicing they did is way too confusing to redo. All on demand functions work. I just tried to pause live tv and it said the dvr is currently unplugged or restarting? It is plugged in and has lights on

Would have been a great idea to take a picture first so it could be re-done properly.  Must have to call TS for a tech to show up and re-fix, but it will cost $$ to do that. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

We didn't even try the splice. Thus the reason our main dvr and modem are sitting on a table not hooked to tv in the corner where they were originally. Not sure how to restart dvr or do I have to do whole house reboot?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

@aviewer.....thank you! Rebooted and restarted all is good and it worked. Only missed one show recording
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.