jtky15's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, July 1st, 2015 9:07 PM

8 TVs with uverse elite

I am thinking of switching to AT&T uverse with directv.  I have 8 TV's and 2 phone lines but the fastest internet service in my area is the elite @ 6 mbps.  I'm concerned that this won't handle all of my TV's, phones and computers. Any advice?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

9 years ago

You do know that u-verse only delivers four live streams at a time? Depending on distance to the VRAD, these may not all be HD.

Even with watching recordings, recording during off hours & careful coordination of watchers, you will have a struggle that could hinnder your enjoyment.

You probably need the standard cable model that delivers all (or almost all) channels simultaneously.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@jtky15 wrote:

@I am thinking of switching to AT&T uverse with directv.  I have 8 TV's and 2 phone lines but the fastest internet service in my area is the elite @ 6 mbps.  I'm concerned that this won't handle all of my TV's, phones and computers. Any advice?

Even w/4HD streams max, possibly would not like it if 8 TVs would be in use at one time.  Have read complaints about this before.  Especially if can have more/larger DVR(s) on DirecTV. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Thank you!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Are you saying 4 TV's per HD box or 4 TV's total even if you have 4 boxes? 

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

9 years ago

RE: Are you saying 4 TV's per HD box or 4 TV's total even if you have 4 boxes? 

four simultaneous live channels per account, max & one account per address. All TVs & the DVR compete for (use up) these channels.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

9 years ago

@jtky15 wrote:

Are you saying 4 TV's per HD box or 4 TV's total even if you have 4 boxes? 

Since it's max 4 live streams per account, Uverse might not be the right service for households that have multiple TVs and/or multiple users.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.