Need help connecting your router?
fuler5823's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, June 7th, 2014 4:24 AM

low upload speeds and tv signal loss

I recently ordered uverse tv and Internet 25/3 package with a new Motorola NVG589 modem. I have had it for a few months now and the problems keep getting worse. At first my speeds were fine 24.5/3.2mpbs but my tv would lose signal a few times a day for a few minutes then return to normal. i was ok with this but now my speeds are 18/1 mbps on speedtest.net from multiple server tests. i have a cat 5e going to the NID from the modem. i tried my old modem and it is reading the same speeds. also on both modems my info is 

LineState        Up

Downstream Sync Rate (kbps)           32339

Upstream Sync Rate (kbps)    5041

Downstream Max Attainable Rate (kbps)      58392

Upstream Max Attainable Rate (kbps)           5041

Modulation     VDSL2

Data Path        Interleaved

Downstream    Upstream

SN Margin (dB)          19.1    0

Line Attenuation (dB)            23.3    0

Output Power(dBm)   14.2    -9.2

Errored Seconds         0          0

Loss of Signal 0          0

Loss of Frame 0          0

FEC Errors      32623  0

CRC Errors     5416    0

sometimes the noise margin would be -1.0 and thats when i would lose broadband service/TV and have tons of errors. before the tv and 25/3 i had no problems with Internet max alone with my old modem. the guy that installed the service said he installed a dry loop since i didnt have phone service. he also said the ground wire was cut to low at the pedestal so he didnt ground the NID. shouldnt i have a potts filter to reduce errors and increase noise margin? issuse with grounding? or is it a problem at the pedestal or vrad box?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

10 years ago

You might want to bring up the TS&R tool and have it waiting for the next time you have an issue.  Then click the test button.

You seem to have an intermittent problem, which can often be things like streetlights, HVAC, treadmills that turn on only at certain times or periodically.  Could also be moisture in a terminal block, or a bad card.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

ok thank you very much! 

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

I just ran the test and it said no service problems were found.. i guess i will have a tech come out asap. i still have 1 upload speed and the tv went out 2 times in the morning. thank you

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

Normal stats when everything ok

LineStats Up
Downstream Sync Rate (kbps) 32339
Upstream Sync Rate (kbps) 5041
Downstream Max Attainable Rate (kbps) 59392
Upstream Max Attainable Rate (kbps) 5041
Modulation VDSL2
Data Path Interleaved
Downstream Upstream
SN Margin (dB) 19.6 0
Line Attenuation (dB) 22.3 0
Output Power(dBm) 14.2 -9.2
Errored Seconds 0 0
Loss of Signal 0 0
Loss of Frame 0 0
FEC Errors 0 0
CRC Errors 0 0

in the morning lose broadband service stats

Line State Up
Downstream Sync Rate (kbps) 32340
Upstream Sync Rate (kbps) 2230
Downstream Max Attainable Rate (kbps) 56996
Upstream Max Attainable Rate (kbps) 2230
Modulation VDSL2
Data Path Interleaved
Downstream Upstream
SN Margin (dB) 21.6 0
Line Attenuation (dB) 27.8 0
Output Power(dBm) 14.2 -4.4
Errored Seconds 21877 0
Loss of Signal 0 0
Loss of Frame 0 0
FEC Errors 147492236 0
CRC Errors 108869 0

could this be a ground issue? or RG issue? or also maybe a vrad dslam faulty card issue?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

ok thanks

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

well i never had an intermittent problem but i wrapped my NID with aluminum foil and some electric conduit that was by my ethernet cable last night but still had the same problem in the morning. it must be a terminal block with moisture or a bad card. thank you for narrowing it down. 

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

well i guess the problem was at the vrad and i was able to upgrade to uverse power. At&t are the best thank you

DSL Status

Line 1                                     Line 2

Line State                                                         Up                                          Up

Downstream Sync Rate (kbps)                       27912                                     27305

Upstream Sync Rate (kbps)                            3040                                       3040

Downstream Max Attainable Rate (kbps)        65160                                     55812

Upstream Max Attainable Rate (kbps)             13887                                     11970

Modulation                                                        VDSL2                                   VDSL2

Data Path                                                         Interleaved                              Interleaved

Downstream    Upstream         Downstream    Upstream

SN Margin (dB)                           24.9                28.5                     20.4             25.6

Line Attenuation (dB)                  21.8                14.1                     22.3             13.7

Output Power(dBm)                   14.5                -7.0                      14.5             -7.0

Errored Seconds                             0                   0                            0                  0

Loss of Signal                                  0                   0                            0                  0

Loss of Frame                                 0                    0                            0                  0

FEC Errors                                      0                    0                            0                  0

CRC Errors                                     0                    0                            0                  0

Aggregated Information     

Bonded Downstream Rate                   55217

Bonded Upstream Rate                        6080

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.