Need help connecting your router?
davidlinzee's profile

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

Monday, February 4th, 2013 9:05 PM

i have uverse with NVG510. How do I connect a second computer?

i have uverse with nvg510. How do i connect a second computer?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Employee

• 

120 Messages

11 years ago

Hi David. Just get another ethernet cable and connect it to one of the available ethernet ports of the NVG510 and wire your second computer to it.

If your second computer will be placed in another room, you can go wireless on it.

Care to describe what this second computer is? Desktop? Laptop? Will be placed in another room? Wired or wireless preferred?

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your response. We have a desktop connected to the NVG, and a laptop in another room. Our preference is to keep it as cheap and simple as possible. So should we go with wireless or a very long ethernet cable?

David

Former Employee

• 

120 Messages

11 years ago

Wireless will be most practical if it's a laptop.

Although reliability is not as good as with a wired connection, wireless will give you the freedom to connect on any part of the house. Even at your backyard, if the wireless signal allows it.

Just look at your NVG 510. Look for the Wireless name (SSID) and Wireless password (Wireless Network Key).

Let us know here if you need further assistance with wireless connections.

Smiley Happy

Community Support

• 

1.7K Messages

11 years ago

Also, this may help out if you need a visual picture of where to find the SSID and Wireless Password:

NVG510 SSID and Wireless Key

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

Thank you. That is very helpful.

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

Thank you, Paul. That looks easy enough (I hope!). david

Former Employee

• 

120 Messages

11 years ago

How's it going, David? Have you added a new computer wirelessly to your home network now? Smiley Happy

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

Yes, that was quick and easy and seems to be working fine. Thanks again for your help.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.