Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Highlighted
Posted Oct 6, 2013
12:28:39 PM
ethernet does not have valid ip configuration after uverse install

My desktop was working perfectly with prior internet provider. I used the same ethernet cable and connected to ne AT&T Uverse router. Pulled up internet and went to yahoo mail. Clicked around a bit and came back, now yahoo mail page replaced with AT&T router home page.

I restarted router. Now my desktop can not connect to internet (but wireless) still can.

Called support, he had me deselect IP6 protocal on network adapter settings and then disable the it and re-enable it.

Still can't connect. Checked ipconfig at command line and there are no entries for DNS server.

Microsoft (Win 8) diagnostics says:

Investigate router or broadband modem issues.

Restarting computer and modem does not help.

My desktop was working perfectly with prior internet provider. I used the same ethernet cable and connected to ne AT&T Uverse router. Pulled up internet and went to yahoo mail. Clicked around a bit and came back, now yahoo mail page replaced with AT&T router home page.

I restarted router. Now my desktop can not connect to internet (but wireless) still can.

Called support, he had me deselect IP6 protocal on network adapter settings and then disable the it and re-enable it.

Still can't connect. Checked ipconfig at command line and there are no entries for DNS server.

Microsoft (Win 8) diagnostics says:

Investigate router or broadband modem issues.

Restarting computer and modem does not help.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Oct 6, 2013 1:41:26 PM
(0)
Tutor

Herer's what worked. Make sure set to dynamic DNS. open cmd window and type:

ipconfig /flushdns

then i unplugged all other ethernet cables plugged into router except the one for my PC.

then I rebooted my PC and now I have internet.

Accepted Solution

ethernet does not have valid ip configuration after uverse install

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 6, 2013 12:34:54 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

See if this might assist to get it working: http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/set-up-an-internet-host-under-windows-8-using-dhcp.html?cid=RS...

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: ethernet does not have valid ip configuration after uverse install

2 of 5 (1,278 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 6, 2013 12:44:03 PM
(0)
Tutor

There is no sharing tab on ethernet properties window.

There is no sharing tab on ethernet properties window.

3 of 5 (1,274 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Oct 6, 2013 1:41:26 PM
(0)
Tutor

ipconfig /flushdns

then i unplugged all other ethernet cables plugged into router except the one for my PC.

ipconfig /flushdns

4 of 5 (1,258 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2013 7:02:08 AM
(0)
Tutor

Using the ipconfig /flushdns works half of time for me.  The rest of the time I still get a bad Default Gateway (192.168.1.1) which prevents me from accessing the internet.

Using the ipconfig /flushdns works half of time for me.  The rest of the time I still get a bad Default Gateway (192.168.1.1) which prevents me from accessing the internet.

5 of 5 (1,214 Views)