For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help connecting your router?
silverbeowoulf's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, August 3rd, 2013 3:30 PM

Uverse is blocking my outbound SMTP email

I know I have seen posts before on this and I do not want to hijack other threads about this. If an AT&T community manager can help me out and get the outbound SMTP port opened it would be great because the tech support people are telling me I need to go to a paid provider to get this accomplished.

ACE - Expert

• 

35.1K Messages

10 years ago

How are these two systems connected to the RG?

• The system you're doing the TELNET tests on to verify the SMTP access
  • The Voice Mail system

Mentor

• 

92 Messages

10 years ago

Cat5e cable to the lan port of the phone system

ACE - Expert

• 

35.1K Messages

10 years ago

So both the PC and the Voice Mail system are connected the same way, i.e. an Ethernet cable directly to the RG?

Is there a PING feature on the Voice Mail system?  Can you try pinging the Gmail address from the Voice Mail system?

Mentor

• 

92 Messages

10 years ago

Can not do that from the phone system just through the CMD prompt

Sent from my iPhone

Mentor

• 

92 Messages

10 years ago

They are connected to the same system, and there is no ping availability on the phone system.  I use the CMD prompt to ping.

Mentor

• 

92 Messages

10 years ago

I have some customers that have U-verse and I can get it to work. 

ACE - Expert

• 

35.1K Messages

10 years ago

Some embedded systems like that have a menu option that allows you to PING an address.  Thought I'd ask.  If you can TELNET to it, then obviously there's a network connection.

Is the numeric IP address for the gmail server what you had in there before switching to U-verse? I wonder if the Voice Mail software is just too stupid to recognize that you've configured a numeric IP address and is trying (and failing) to do a DNS lookup on the address.  

Mentor

• 

92 Messages

10 years ago

I manually put the numerical IP address is

Sent from my iPhone

ACE - Expert

• 

35.1K Messages

10 years ago

I understand that.  My questions was "did you do that before you switched to U-verse or did you do that trying to get U-verse to work?"  I'm wondering if the software assumes that whatever you enter in there is a name that has to be DNS'ed.  I don't know of any software that works that way, but I'm running out of ideas.

Mentor

• 

92 Messages

10 years ago

I put a system in a customers location and ran into this issue. I have uverse so tried to see if I had the same issue, which I do. Trying to resolve this away from the customers location, as it makes me look like I am stupid.

Sent from my iPhone
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.