Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Aug 3, 2013
8:30:37 AM
View profile
Uverse is blocking my outbound SMTP email

I know I have seen posts before on this and I do not want to hijack other threads about this. If an AT&T community manager can help me out and get the outbound SMTP port opened it would be great because the tech support people are telling me I need to go to a paid provider to get this accomplished.

I know I have seen posts before on this and I do not want to hijack other threads about this. If an AT&T community manager can help me out and get the outbound SMTP port opened it would be great because the tech support people are telling me I need to go to a paid provider to get this accomplished.

Uverse is blocking my outbound SMTP email

127 replies
(11) Me too
(11) Me too
View all replies
(127)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 3, 2013 8:44:42 AM
(0)
Employee

Hello, silverbeowoulf

You are correct, the U-verse gateway by default blocks the SMTP filter. I was able to pull up your account and I can remove the block. It just takes a minute or two. Would you mind waiting 1-2 minutes and then let me know if this helps? Thanks in advance. Smiley Happy

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.

Hello, silverbeowoulf

You are correct, the U-verse gateway by default blocks the SMTP filter. I was able to pull up your account and I can remove the block. It just takes a minute or two. Would you mind waiting 1-2 minutes and then let me know if this helps? Thanks in advance. Smiley Happy

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Uverse is blocking my outbound SMTP email

2 of 128 (11,861 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 3, 2013 8:47:50 AM
(0)
Contributor

I would not mind at all, thank you.

I would not mind at all, thank you.

3 of 128 (11,859 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 3, 2013 8:49:34 AM
(0)
Contributor

That worked like a charm, thank you!  Why is it that the uverse support team could not do this?

That worked like a charm, thank you!  Why is it that the uverse support team could not do this?

4 of 128 (11,859 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 3, 2013 8:59:35 AM
(0)
Employee

Excellent! I'm glad that worked for you. :smileylaugh:

I apologize that U-verse Support wasn't able to resolve this. To be honest, I'm not exactly sure why they were unable to unblock the port for you.

However, I'm glad that you chose to be a part of the U-verse Community and address your concern here. If you have any other questions or issues with your service in the future, feel free to post another question and we'll be glad to help! Smiley Happy

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.

Excellent! I'm glad that worked for you. :smileylaugh:

I apologize that U-verse Support wasn't able to resolve this. To be honest, I'm not exactly sure why they were unable to unblock the port for you.

However, I'm glad that you chose to be a part of the U-verse Community and address your concern here. If you have any other questions or issues with your service in the future, feel free to post another question and we'll be glad to help! Smiley Happy

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

5 of 128 (11,859 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 6, 2013 12:41:04 AM
(0)
Contributor

Hi, 

I'm having the same problem on a 6-year-old Mac (OS/X 10.6.8) using Entourage 2008 v12.2.3. 

I can receive e-mail from my company's GoDaddy account, but I can't send any e-mail. Please unblcok port 25 or tell me what information you need to do it ASAP. 

Thanks. 

Laura in CA

AT&T U-verse customer 

Sunday, Oct. 6, 2013

Hi, 

I'm having the same problem on a 6-year-old Mac (OS/X 10.6.8) using Entourage 2008 v12.2.3. 

I can receive e-mail from my company's GoDaddy account, but I can't send any e-mail. Please unblcok port 25 or tell me what information you need to do it ASAP. 

Thanks. 

Laura in CA

AT&T U-verse customer 

Sunday, Oct. 6, 2013

6 of 128 (11,756 Views)
(1)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 6, 2013 9:03:03 AM
(1)
ACE - Master

laurainnorthernca wrote:

Does your mail provider offer any encrypted connections to the mail server (SSL or TLS)?  Those usually use a different port like 587.  I know I have 3 or 4 email providers who have SSL connections, so I can connect to their SMTP servers on port 587 from my home UVerse line.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.

laurainnorthernca wrote:

Does your mail provider offer any encrypted connections to the mail server (SSL or TLS)?  Those usually use a different port like 587.  I know I have 3 or 4 email providers who have SSL connections, so I can connect to their SMTP servers on port 587 from my home UVerse line.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

7 of 128 (11,746 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2013 12:38:26 PM
(0)
Community Support

Hello laurainnorthernca,

I would be glad to look into this for you and see if there are any issues on our end that may be blocking your e-mail domain. I will be sending you a private message to gather more information on this, so be on the lookout for it.

-David T

Hello laurainnorthernca,

I would be glad to look into this for you and see if there are any issues on our end that may be blocking your e-mail domain. I will be sending you a private message to gather more information on this, so be on the lookout for it.

-David T

8 of 128 (11,716 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 13, 2013 8:35:30 AM
(0)
Contributor

Would it be possible for you to check my email to see if ATT is blocking emails from my IP Cameras?

THKS, Jaack

Would it be possible for you to check my email to see if ATT is blocking emails from my IP Cameras?

THKS, Jaack

9 of 128 (11,646 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 14, 2013 2:36:37 PM
(0)
Community Support

Hi jamnjk747,

I would be glad to look into that for you. I will be sending you a private message to gather some more information.

-David T

Hi jamnjk747,

I would be glad to look into that for you. I will be sending you a private message to gather some more information.

-David T

10 of 128 (11,618 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 15, 2013 6:45:42 AM
(0)
Teacher

Godaddy does NOT use PORT 25.  They use a variety of ports but not 25.  Please consult the Godaddy helpdesk or referrence articles and get your exact port number.

Godaddy does NOT use PORT 25.  They use a variety of ports but not 25.  Please consult the Godaddy helpdesk or referrence articles and get your exact port number.

11 of 128 (11,600 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 21, 2013 7:29:59 PM
(0)
Contributor

I am having the same issue.  Getting 550 relay errors. Can you please help?

I am having the same issue.  Getting 550 relay errors. Can you please help?

12 of 128 (11,522 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 22, 2013 7:54:53 AM
(0)
Employee

Hello Lindleman,

I can help you investigate if the trouble is on our end. I have sent you a private message to gather some account details.

SadathCS
ATTU-verseCare

Hello Lindleman,

I can help you investigate if the trouble is on our end. I have sent you a private message to gather some account details.

SadathCS
ATTU-verseCare

13 of 128 (11,513 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 25, 2013 11:03:15 AM
(0)
Contributor

My smtp port 587 appears to be block as well.  Can you please check this for me?

My smtp port 587 appears to be block as well.  Can you please check this for me?

14 of 128 (11,480 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 25, 2013 11:13:56 AM
(0)
Community Support

Hi harrism2013,

To my knowledge, we do not block that port, and the most common SMTP port that we filter is port 25, but I will be glad to look into that for you.

I will be sending you a private message to get your account information.

Thank you,

David T

Hi harrism2013,

To my knowledge, we do not block that port, and the most common SMTP port that we filter is port 25, but I will be glad to look into that for you.

I will be sending you a private message to get your account information.

Thank you,

David T

15 of 128 (11,477 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 25, 2013 11:54:24 AM
(0)
Community Support

Hi harrism2013,

We have received your message and look forward to working with you to getting your issue resolved.

-David T

Need more help?

Download the myAT&T App and click Fix It Now! Support Tools to get U-verse help. For more assistance, send a quick message to ATTU-verseCare. Be sure to include your account number, name, and contact number.

Hi harrism2013,

We have received your message and look forward to working with you to getting your issue resolved.

-David T

Need more help?

Download the myAT&T App and click Fix It Now! Support Tools to get U-verse help. For more assistance, send a quick message to ATTU-verseCare. Be sure to include your account number, name, and contact number.

16 of 128 (11,474 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 6, 2013 10:56:15 AM
(0)
Contributor

Port 25 and Port 587 seemed block. Can I fix this myself, or does ATT rep need to do this?

Port 25 and Port 587 seemed block. Can I fix this myself, or does ATT rep need to do this?

17 of 128 (11,371 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 6, 2013 12:17:39 PM
(0)
Community Support

Hi jeffreysolari,

Port 25 is blocked but to my knowledge, port 587 should not be. I would be glad to look into your account to look further into this, and I will be sending you a private message to gather more information.

-David T

Hi jeffreysolari,

Port 25 is blocked but to my knowledge, port 587 should not be. I would be glad to look into your account to look further into this, and I will be sending you a private message to gather more information.

-David T

18 of 128 (11,366 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 6, 2013 1:07:20 PM
(0)
Community Support

Hi jeffreysolari,

We have received your private message and look forward to working with you to get this issue resolved.

-David T

Need more help?

Hi jeffreysolari,

We have received your private message and look forward to working with you to get this issue resolved.

-David T

Need more help?

19 of 128 (11,362 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 11, 2013 10:44:49 AM
(0)
Contributor

New U-verse user as of last week. My port 25 is blocked as well.

Can you assist?

Thanks

brian

New U-verse user as of last week. My port 25 is blocked as well.

Can you assist?

Thanks

brian

20 of 128 (11,321 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 11, 2013 10:48:44 AM
(0)
Community Support

Hello brianelowry,

We apologize for any of the inconveniences this has caused but we would be glad to look into this further for you. Please send us a detailed message by clicking here. Be sure to include your name, account number, phone number, and the best time to reach you.

Keep an eye on the at the top right corner of your screen for a response.

In the meantime, let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

-David T

Hello brianelowry,

We apologize for any of the inconveniences this has caused but we would be glad to look into this further for you. Please send us a detailed message by clicking here. Be sure to include your name, account number, phone number, and the best time to reach you.

-David T

21 of 128 (11,331 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 18, 2013 8:36:48 AM
(0)
Contributor

I am having the same issue.  Can someone please assist?

DavidCS wrote:

Hello brianelowry,

-David T

I am having the same issue.  Can someone please assist?

DavidCS wrote:

Hello brianelowry,

-David T

22 of 128 (11,274 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 18, 2013 1:50:21 PM
(0)
Community Support

Hi adti1204,

We have received your message and look forward to working with you to get this issue resolved.

-David T

Need more help?

Hi adti1204,

We have received your message and look forward to working with you to get this issue resolved.

-David T

Need more help?

23 of 128 (11,258 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 19, 2013 6:01:01 AM
(0)
Voyager

I have the same issue.

I am using pop3 mail service, and since switching to uverse stopped working.

I tried to contact support but they could not help.

Can someone assist?

Thanks

I have the same issue.

I am using pop3 mail service, and since switching to uverse stopped working.

I tried to contact support but they could not help.

Can someone assist?

Thanks

24 of 128 (11,246 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 19, 2013 10:33:19 AM
(0)
Community Support

Hi roneng,

I apologize about the inconveniences with your issues in trying to send e-mail, but this article should help out. In order to use 3rd party e-mails, you must register them through your main U-verse account.

Hope this helps.

-David T

Hi roneng,

I apologize about the inconveniences with your issues in trying to send e-mail, but this article should help out. In order to use 3rd party e-mails, you must register them through your main U-verse account.

Hope this helps.

-David T

25 of 128 (11,233 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 19, 2013 11:28:43 AM
(0)
Voyager

Hi DavidCS

I dont want to recieve emails from that account into my att mail.

i just want to keep on using it, and sending with the smtp the same it alwas been working.

Just need att to unblock their firewall for me.

Why is it so complicated?

It works just fine with any other ISP i ever worked with.

Hi DavidCS

i just want to keep on using it, and sending with the smtp the same it alwas been working.

26 of 128 (11,231 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 19, 2013 12:04:01 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by JefferMC on Nov 19, 2013 at 12:04:33 PM

roneng wrote:

Hi DavidCS

I'm confused. You stated you're having issues with POP3 access.

I'm not aware of anyone having issues retrieving e-mail using POP3.  AT&T blocks SMTP (port 25) outbound as a matter of course to prevent mail worms.

roneng wrote:

Hi DavidCS

I'm confused. You stated you're having issues with POP3 access.

I'm not aware of anyone having issues retrieving e-mail using POP3.  AT&T blocks SMTP (port 25) outbound as a matter of course to prevent mail worms.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
27 of 128 (11,229 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 19, 2013 12:08:50 PM
(0)
Community Support

Hi roneng,

I apologize for not clarifying it further. When registering the mail account, it allows for it to bypass the block we have set in place. It does not filter the e-mails through that account unless you set it up to do that.

-David T

Hi roneng,

I apologize for not clarifying it further. When registering the mail account, it allows for it to bypass the block we have set in place. It does not filter the e-mails through that account unless you set it up to do that.

-David T

28 of 128 (11,225 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 19, 2013 12:13:26 PM
(0)
Voyager

the pop3 retrieveing the emails works fine.

my problems is with the outgoing email sending, just ofcourse works on port 25.

ATT is the only ISP that blocks that.

It is really bad service on my end.

If i had know / someone informed me ahead, i would never switch.

the pop3 retrieveing the emails works fine.

my problems is with the outgoing email sending, just ofcourse works on port 25.

ATT is the only ISP that blocks that.

It is really bad service on my end.

If i had know / someone informed me ahead, i would never switch.

29 of 128 (11,224 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 19, 2013 12:25:30 PM
(0)
Employee

Hello roneng,

I can take care of this for you and I apologize it caused an inconvenience. I have sent you a private message to collect your account information and assist you further.

SadathCS
ATTU-verseCare

Hello roneng,

I can take care of this for you and I apologize it caused an inconvenience. I have sent you a private message to collect your account information and assist you further.

SadathCS
ATTU-verseCare

30 of 128 (11,223 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments