Need help connecting your router?
bubbba's profile

Scholar

• 

181 Messages

Monday, April 4th, 2011 5:33 PM

User Guide for my 2Wire 3801HGV Gateway

I have just about exhausted all efforts to find this. I spent hours searching and hours waiting on the phone for Tech Support to find it. No one can seem to find this. AT&T technical support even called 2wire and they said they don't have it either. I can't believe 2Wire doesn't have one, please.

So anyone out there who has a .PDF of this manual, please, please, share it with me.

Much thanks...

Official Solution

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

13 years ago

I have the manual posted for download on my server:

http://www.danwilsonsoftware.com/dl/3800HGV-B.Manual.pdf

Note a few things:

• This is the manual that was posted on the FCC's site before it disappeared.
  • This is a very early (only?) revision of the manual for the 3800HGV-B.  It refers to the coax connection as an "MCoA" connection, even though the final technology used was HPNA.
  • This manual appears to be based on an older unit, the 3700HGV-B, updated for the 3800HGV-B, so there are references in the manual to the 3700.
  • This manual is based on version 5.x of the RG firmware, this has been superceded by version 6.x, so all the screens are different and the functions are in different locations, even though most of those functions are still there.
  • There are areas in the manual where it talks about functions present in the generic 3800 firmware, some of which have been disabled or made inaccessible by AT&T.

As such, I don't know how useful this manual really is, but it's there if you want it.

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

13 years ago

Here's a spec sheet, and I know I've seen the manual posted somewhere.

Scholar

• 

181 Messages

13 years ago

@spd2demun wrote:

Here's a spec sheet, and I know I've seen the manual posted somewhere.

Thanks for the reply. That's what tech support gave me, why, I don't know. My Father has Verizon FIOS and it's no problem getting the manuals for ANY of their gateways. He was even given a DVD at install time that included everything, Gateway Users Guide, Utilities, Trouble-Shooting Guide, Quick Install Guide, ect...

I will not give up looking for this. Well, not true, I will give up when I no longer need this Gateway.

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

13 years ago

What I find wild is that 2Wire can't offer it? Smiley Surprised

Scholar

• 

181 Messages

13 years ago

@spd2demun wrote:

What I find wild is that 2Wire can't offer it? Smiley Surprised

Exactly! 2Wire is worthless for support on ANY AT&T device. I called 2Wire support and they almost seemed upset, told me that it's not their problem and to call U-Verse support. I called U-Verse support and they couldn't help me either. I feel like a YO-YO.

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

13 years ago

I can see not having a printed copy available, but everything is online these days.  Unreal!

Guru

• 

1.1K Messages

13 years ago

I have a .pdf of the manual for the 3800. not the 3801 but close.  Send me a pm with your email address and I'll send it to you.  You may also try this link, which is for the 2701 but may be close enough to answer some of your questions.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

13 years ago

Try http://www.2wire.com/pages/pdfs/2701HG_user_guide.pdf It's been there for a very long time.

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

13 years ago

Thanks for the reply, but that is for the 2701, and we're looking for one for the 3801 (for Uverse).

Do you know where a copy of that can be viewed online?

@bypass2000 wrote:
Try http://www.2wire.com/pages/pdfs/2701HG_user_guide.pdf It's been there for a very long time.

Guru

• 

1.1K Messages

13 years ago

I used to have a link to an address at FCC which led to the 3800 user manual, but that link doesn't work anymore.  I don't know if the FCC keeps copies in their database -- couldn't find anything just now, but I really don't know what I'm looking for.  I still have a .pdf of the 3800 manual, which I sent to the OP a while ago.  But it's not for the 3801.  The old link was:  https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/prod/oet/forms/blobs/retrieve.cgi?attachment_id=652683&native_or_pdf=pdf  But, like I said, it doesn't work anymore.

Only reason I put it up is it may provide a hint for someone who wants to dig around in the FCC website (fcc.gov)  Wish I could help!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.