Need help connecting your router?
frag06's profile

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

Monday, February 24th, 2014 7:27 PM

U-verse 45mbps Gateway

Hello,

I currently have U-verse phone, tv, and internet. My internet is 18mbps, and I want to upgrade to at least 24mbps. 24mbps is acutally only going to cost me one dollar more per month (18mbps is $65, 24mbps is $66). Also, customer support gave me a promo for 45mbps at $66/month for six months. Smiley Happy

What I want to know is what kind of gateway/modem are they going to install? I currently have the Pace 4111N, I believe. I absolutly do not want another 3800, 3801 or any of the sort. We used to have a problem during the summer when it would thunderstorm. Everytime lightning would flash or strike, the tv would freeze and pixelate or just have artifacts everwhere (took them two years and dozens of calls to fix the problem). Ever since they installed the 4111N though, we haven't had that problem anymore.

The customer support agent told me they won't install the "old" gateway, but who knows what that means. I have had some techs that are very knowledgable and some that just didn't seem to care. I really don't want to get stuck with another bad gateway. Any insight would be a big help.

Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

• 

25.7K Messages

10 years ago

If you get the 45/6 they will install a NVG589 which requires 2 pair where a regular gateway/router only takes 1.

This is a fairly new gateway.

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

10 years ago

Thank you for the reply!

Do you know if they will have to replace it if I downgrade to 24mbps? I don't know why they would, but I don't want to go through multiple installs.

Can you please elaborate on what you mean by "2 pair", not sure what that means.

Thanks again.

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

10 years ago

@frag06 wrote:

Thank you for the reply!

Do you know if they will have to replace it if I downgrade to 24mbps? I don't know why they would, but I don't want to go through multiple installs.

Can you please elaborate on what you mean by "2 pair", not sure what that means.

Thanks again.

Normally they do not change out the RG on a downgrade (hoping that you'll want to re-up).  However, note that the NVG 589 is a monthly rental, where the other is $100 up-front.

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

10 years ago

They are already charging me for the Pace 4111N, so shouldn't make a difference unless the fee is higher.

Thanks for the info.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.