Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Highlighted
Posted Nov 23, 2012
8:51:26 PM
Trying to setup a 2nd e-mail account for my wife

I was able to set up my outlook the other day with my username and password I used when my u-verse was set up on Tuesday this week.   This I did on my computer.  Now I need to create a 2nd e-mail and password for use by my wife on her laptop. I have made several attemps at this today, only to find out that only my e-mail and password are recognized.  I was on customer support chat for over an hour this evening and that was totaly useless. All I want to to do is create a 2nd e-mail address and password for my wife to use. I just left Time Warner/Roadrunner to take advantage of a great offer to this U-Verse. I still have the Time Warner/Roadrunner equipment and wasn't going to call and cancel with them untill Monday.  Roadrunner customer service has been getting worse so I gave ATT a chance.  When I started with Roadrunner some years back, it was only a matter of seting up one e-mail on one computer then another e-mail on a 2nd computer, simple as that.  I am posting this question here, and will call customer support tomorrow or Monday morning.  If this isn't resolved by then, I am calling someone to come et the ATT equipment and I will stay with Roadrunner.  After that useless chat and no results or I dont even think the tech had a clue what to do other than give me a phone number. I need 2 e-mail addresses for use in out look on 2 machines, that is all.  Thank you for any help given.  

I was able to set up my outlook the other day with my username and password I used when my u-verse was set up on Tuesday this week.   This I did on my computer.  Now I need to create a 2nd e-mail and password for use by my wife on her laptop. I have made several attemps at this today, only to find out that only my e-mail and password are recognized.  I was on customer support chat for over an hour this evening and that was totaly useless. All I want to to do is create a 2nd e-mail address and password for my wife to use. I just left Time Warner/Roadrunner to take advantage of a great offer to this U-Verse. I still have the Time Warner/Roadrunner equipment and wasn't going to call and cancel with them untill Monday.  Roadrunner customer service has been getting worse so I gave ATT a chance.  When I started with Roadrunner some years back, it was only a matter of seting up one e-mail on one computer then another e-mail on a 2nd computer, simple as that.  I am posting this question here, and will call customer support tomorrow or Monday morning.  If this isn't resolved by then, I am calling someone to come et the ATT equipment and I will stay with Roadrunner.  After that useless chat and no results or I dont even think the tech had a clue what to do other than give me a phone number. I need 2 e-mail addresses for use in out look on 2 machines, that is all.  Thank you for any help given.  

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Nov 23, 2012 8:58:30 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

You want to set up a sub account for your wife,  Assuming that you have U-verse internet, see the support article found in the link below:

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB400580#fbid=hBZViqotUSS

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

Trying to setup a 2nd e-mail account for my wife

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Nov 23, 2012 8:58:30 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

You want to set up a sub account for your wife,  Assuming that you have U-verse internet, see the support article found in the link below:

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Trying to setup a 2nd e-mail account for my wife

2 of 6 (1,808 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 23, 2012 9:31:17 PM
(0)
Tutor

Thank you very much texasguy37  That is more help than I got all day.  yes I do have the U-verse internet and bundle  Thank you

Thank you very much texasguy37  That is more help than I got all day.  yes I do have the U-verse internet and bundle  Thank you

3 of 6 (1,786 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 24, 2012 8:02:23 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

If that resolves your issue please come back and let us know.  Also, mark TGs suggestion as the solution.

If that resolves your issue please come back and let us know.  Also, mark TGs suggestion as the solution.

4 of 6 (1,743 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 24, 2012 9:31:24 AM
(0)
Tutor

yes, I am verry happy to acounce that this worked out perfectly.  I went to the link Texasguy has and added a sub acount for my wife last night.  This morning I set up the outlook on her laptop as per instructions and with the sub acount inew e-mail address and password.  It accepted the info, and began sending and receiving e-mail fine.  I sent one from mine to hers and from hers to mine and that also worked fine.  Again thak you for the great help here.  I was frustrated when I coudn't find this info on my own and the chat thing was useless.  After an hour of that I came here and received an answer within a very short time.  Again thank you very much.  

yes, I am verry happy to acounce that this worked out perfectly.  I went to the link Texasguy has and added a sub acount for my wife last night.  This morning I set up the outlook on her laptop as per instructions and with the sub acount inew e-mail address and password.  It accepted the info, and began sending and receiving e-mail fine.  I sent one from mine to hers and from hers to mine and that also worked fine.  Again thak you for the great help here.  I was frustrated when I coudn't find this info on my own and the chat thing was useless.  After an hour of that I came here and received an answer within a very short time.  Again thank you very much.  

5 of 6 (1,725 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 24, 2012 9:55:43 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Thanks for posting.  Enjoy.

Thanks for posting.  Enjoy.

6 of 6 (1,720 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments