Need help connecting your router?
JosephB_1's profile

Mentor

• 

17 Messages

Wednesday, September 12th, 2012 11:03 PM

New ATT Page - My Customized News Content is Gone !!! - Was the Most Important Feature

How do I put the CNET and PCWorld News Stories Content back on this New ATT Home ???

.... This customized News Stories Content is the Most Important Feature of using the ATT Home Page for me, but now its gone and that was the main reason why I used ATT for My Home Page. ... Very Frustrated with this customized news content removal.

... So, what Home Page can I use now to have Customized News Content ???  --- Any one have a Suggestion ???

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

Thank you- all of you who suggested the myyahoo direction to find my old homepage- I have been completely disoriented for weeks now-almost losing my mind, and certainly my ability to keep up with what was going on in MY world.

I emailed at&t with complaints but it doesn't seem like they have the ability to communicate back with their customers- even a little acknowledgement of the issues and  a "we're working to make it better" would go such a long way...

I hope this yahoo homepage will last at least until I can figure out where to go permanently.

Thanks again -y'all have saved my sanity

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

AT&T ought to take the hint as to how many people are complaining about this - but probably won't.  My biggest complaint is the scrolling news - I am 72 years old and have trouble reading this little "scrollIng" bit - I really hate it!  It IS TRULY irritating!!  Makes me nervous!!!  Normally don't have trouble with computers - but have switched to Yahoo homepage - and will find another if it is not better!

Scholar

• 

109 Messages

11 years ago

Thank you so very much art333 for the advice on how to get your homepage back to the old one. I tried it and it worked. I just pray that it stays that way. I hate the new homepage. And I mean really hate it.

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

I didn't really mind the change to their webpage but after a few minutes of seeing the News Feed ecrolling horizontally  - it doesn't stop! - and I can't change it!!!  It gets on my nerves - makes me dizzy!  Therefore I can't read the news any longer  I hate this!  Why?!  Why?! Why?1 Get rid of that scrolling News Feed Please!  I am not the only one displeased  Get rid of this!!

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

go to internet options, click on about blank ,type in box one under each other ,three times http://att.my.yahoo.com/
http://att.my.yahoo.com/
http://att.my.yahoo.com/
click on apply click on OK
mickeycap

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I agree! it was a total boneheaded move by ATT. I will be switching to another homepage!

Scholar

• 

12 Messages

10 years ago

Well, now it's worse than ever before. For those of us who managed to get our old homepages through Yahoo back? It's now gone for good. Thanks to AT&T/Yahoo deciding it was time to screw us out of our PERSONALIZED homepages, now the Yahoo page is just as bad as the AT&T page. And do they care? Of course not, or they would have left the page alone AS THEY PROMISED THEY WOULD when the AT&T homepage was crapped up for good. So, they LIED to us when they said they wouldn't change the old Yahoo PERSONALIZED homepage!!!

I may as well go back to Comcast if I want to be constantly lied to!!!

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Here we go again. Why is it everyone thinks they have to improve something that isn't broken? Bill Gates, Apple, YAHOO! web page, ATT.NET web page? What, a bunch of people "updating" things to prove their jobs are needed? This gets old. Hey, if you want to update something, fix the older stuff that is still broken! Bill Gates, ask us before our Outlook & Explorer starts changing things and we get better fix-it answers on the web than through your own help pages. Apple, put a page back function on your Safari. YAHOO! and ATT, give us the choice of staying with the old WEB pages we've customized and are happy with... if you want to fix something, get rid of huge boxes with itsy-bitsy type font in them. Actually, if you get rid of all the space between the text on a page and make the font larger, we can not only read the pages better but we don't have to scroll all over the place see something. Don't get me started on all the tiny program and web page icons that don't have pop-up text definitions. We can read and no, we don't all remember what some arcane, weird-looking micro-icon means. Ok, whew! Guess there was a pressure relief valve that got stuck, eh? ATT, give us a choice NOT to change to the new "improved" web pages.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

My local news module lists news headlines from a couple small town newspapers a couple of counties over instead of the newspapers and other news media sources in my more metropolitan area.  This is new with the new 'improved' MyYahoo homepage.  Is there a way to override this or must we wait tell Yahoo/ATT fixes this problem? 

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

AT&T is damaging both my mental and physical health. Their Spam calls to me, 3 or more every day, have become unbearable. No matter how many times I opt out, they will call again the same day and the next and the next. STOP!!!  Is there any real way to STOP their calling?? I have a land line. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.