Need help connecting your router?
JosephB_1's profile

Mentor

• 

17 Messages

Wednesday, September 12th, 2012 11:03 PM

New ATT Page - My Customized News Content is Gone !!! - Was the Most Important Feature

How do I put the CNET and PCWorld News Stories Content back on this New ATT Home ???

.... This customized News Stories Content is the Most Important Feature of using the ATT Home Page for me, but now its gone and that was the main reason why I used ATT for My Home Page. ... Very Frustrated with this customized news content removal.

... So, what Home Page can I use now to have Customized News Content ???  --- Any one have a Suggestion ???

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I HATE IT TOO!!! WILL BE SWITCHING TO MY 2NDARY GMAIL ACCOUNT. ADIOS ATT!!

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

I got my custom home page back by going to yahoo.com and typing:  http://my.yahoo.com.  Thank you all for the suggestions.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

YES!!! First post I read and now I've got it back, too. Thanks!

I absolutely HATE the new home page.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I have no intention of allowing AT&T to censor the information I receive and then spoon feed me the information on their agenda.  It is unconscionableI that they would make such a change without advising their users they would be losing their customized content.  I will take my business elsewhere.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

Many, many thanks to Art333 for posting the link to the old home page. It works, at leasy for now. Maybe even the pointy-haired boss who thought the change would be a good idea and approved it will get the idea, when the hits to the new page go down by 90%.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I really, really, really dislike the new web home page. It makes me dizzy. Whoever came up with this must have a very short attention span, who can't look at anything for more than a second. I can't get past the initial block of pictures due to its distraction.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

You should have saved the money and lowered our rates instead of wasting it (our money) developing this awful mess.  The design and development teams get a F- for this one.

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

12 years ago

Hi.

Yes I noticed all of this as well. Also, my weather defaults to Richardson, Texas and I have to arrow to get to my city, even tho it is set as default. I noticed the weather thing is not ATT, but Yahoo. I found the my.yahoo.com still works for now, but is still branded with the ATT logo if I log in. The weather on My Yahoo also shows Richardson, Texas. What in the world is in Richardson, Texas? Yahoo or ATT doesn"t even have any offices even near there.

The customization, etc. is gone...that is ATT. The weather defaulting to the wrong location I believe is Yahoo.

I agree if ATT doesn't rethink this homepage design people will find other "homepages" and there are plenty of them out there. Just because we use ATT internet service does not mean we must use their homepage...or even their email for that manner.

C'mon ATT....make your customers satisfied.

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

12 years ago

I just noticed that on the "new" ATT.net homepage, near the top wear it says "MORE" ther is a link to My Yahoo on there. Wow! Was that always there or did they just add that because of all the complaints? It's there, tho!! Check it out. It is still customizable...for now.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

I followed the advice of art333, typed in http://my.yahoo.com/?fr=whatever and voila! there it was. now I just click on the drop down arrow everytime I go to my home page and it's nice again!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.