Need help connecting your router?
JosephB_1's profile

Mentor

• 

17 Messages

Wednesday, September 12th, 2012 11:03 PM

New ATT Page - My Customized News Content is Gone !!! - Was the Most Important Feature

How do I put the CNET and PCWorld News Stories Content back on this New ATT Home ???

.... This customized News Stories Content is the Most Important Feature of using the ATT Home Page for me, but now its gone and that was the main reason why I used ATT for My Home Page. ... Very Frustrated with this customized news content removal.

... So, what Home Page can I use now to have Customized News Content ???  --- Any one have a Suggestion ???

Teacher

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

The ONLY reason this was my homepage was because I could combine all of my calendars here.  Thanks for the heads up AT&T...I'm totally screwed and I hate this homepage.  Way to busy with gossip and stuff I absolutely do not care about.  I'm too busy to be bothered with what you think I might like.  Give my CHOICES BACK!!

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

I cannot believe how poorly designed the new interface is.   Nobody wants to have to drag over or click on item to view information.  We used to have everything right there and easily available. Whoever did their interface design needs to re-educated in user interface design.

Scholar

• 

12 Messages

12 years ago

Actually, they did warn us this was coming (for months), HOWEVER, they (apparently, conveniently) failed to tell us that we'd be losing our personlized pages! This is unacceptable, and as with all of you, I want my personlized homepage back! The new setup is HORRIBLE! It looks exactly like the page when you would sign out of your personlized homepage looks. I hated that look, and never used it, so what makes AT&T think I'd want to use this?!

I didn't worry about the switchover, because I thought it was only replacing the old main page you see when you're not signed in to you're personalized homepage. If I'd known it was replacing the personlized page, I'd have spoken up sooner. I suspect that this is why they failed to tell us that this is what was going to happen!

Absolutely unacceptable, AT&T! Put the personalized homepages back!

Mentor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS !!!

Where's my content ???  All my feeds ???

NO CUSTOMIZATION ???  Just the news you want us to have, huh ?

I'm shopping for another DSL provider -- IMMEDIATELY  !!!

Mentor

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

I found this site which might be an alternative http://www.netvibes.com/

It is a free news portal site that lets you add your own modules and arrange things as you wish.

Scholar

• 

12 Messages

12 years ago

Thankyou, Art333. This worked (though it took a few tries to make it stick, because my homepage protection kept popping up for a bit). I hope that we can continue to use this to bypass the "new" look. I've already contacted AT&T by phone, and complained, and it took a few minutes to make the rep understand just how angry I and all of you are over this, and got her to open up a ticket on this issue, because her first response was, "Sorry, but this is the new homepage, and there's no going back." So, I suggest that all of you CALL AT&T and start complaining and force them to open up tickets on this issue. I have a feeling that complaining here alone is not going to do anything. CALL THEM AND COMPLAIN!

Scholar

• 

12 Messages

12 years ago

Hi, you might want to take a look here: http://forums.att.com/t5/Email-Internet-Security/New-ATT-Page-My-Customized-News-Content-is-Gone-Was-the-Most/td-p/3295497
This thread seems to have the most people in it, and there might even be a suggestion in it that might help you. I too, am very angry with what AT&T has done with the homepage.

I also suggest CALLING AT&T to complain, and don't let them tell you that it's permanent and to just get used to it. FORCE them to open up a ticket on the issue. If enough people call in and complain, and they are all forced to open up tickets, their department heads will HAVE to look further into the issue, and perhaps the company will have to rethink this mess up. I just honestly don't think that complaining here alone will make AT&T open their eyes. If everyone who has been complaining here on this board, also called AT&T and flooded them with calls, they'd have to do something to correct the situation.

Good luck!

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

/end rant

Mentor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

AND THEY WON'T EVEN PROVIDE A WAY TO ACCESS SOME LIST OF ALL THE CONTENT I HAD ON MY HOME PAGE !?!?

Obviously, they only want us to be able to read the news THEY want us to read !!!!

CALL AT&T AND LET THEM KNOW HOW YOU FEEL !

(And yes, I know all caps is yelling ... I AM SO MAD I AM YELLING !!!!!!)

Scholar

• 

12 Messages

12 years ago

Yes, DEFINITELY call them! Do not solely rely on posting to this board. CALL THEM TO MAKE THEM SEE THAT THIS WAS POOR THINKING, AND FAILURE IN CUSTOMER SERVICE! Force them to open up a support ticket on this issue. The more people who do this, perhaps the more likely they'll be to rethink the new homepage.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.