Need help connecting your router?
JosephB_1's profile

Mentor

• 

17 Messages

Wednesday, September 12th, 2012 11:03 PM

New ATT Page - My Customized News Content is Gone !!! - Was the Most Important Feature

How do I put the CNET and PCWorld News Stories Content back on this New ATT Home ???

.... This customized News Stories Content is the Most Important Feature of using the ATT Home Page for me, but now its gone and that was the main reason why I used ATT for My Home Page. ... Very Frustrated with this customized news content removal.

... So, what Home Page can I use now to have Customized News Content ???  --- Any one have a Suggestion ???

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Mentor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

There IS an option (although it may be very temporary.)

I found that by going to Yahoo.com (while logged in), I had the option of going to "My Yahoo" (http://my.yahoo.com/?fr=whatever).  This is the old homepage, with all customization options available.

I'm not sure that this will be maintained, but for the short-term it IS a solution.

Maybe the massive complaints will convince AT&T to re-think their decision....

We can only hope.....

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Mentor

• 

24 Messages

12 years ago

HERE IS THE FIX 

Set your homepage to:  http://my.yahoo.com/

Everything will be back to normal the way you had it setup.

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

The old AT&T site allowed custom content through the use of RSS feeds. When the new home page popped up, unsolicited and without an option to remain on the old page, my custom feeds were gone. There were no FAQs or information on how to preserve my custom content.

Mentor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

First time so sorry if I do this wrong. About the new home page for ATT.com. I can't figure out if it can  be personalized like the old one. I miss having my horoscope and don't see how to add it. Also, for weather. I added my city but even though I set it as the default I still get Richardson, TX (NOT my city) first and then have to go to the number 2 city (which is correct) to get my weather. What's up with that.

And I seem to be listed as a default location of Reno, NV. That is not true. How can I get my page personalized, get it to recognize that I live in Battle Mountain, NV and show weather for that area instead of defaulting to Richardson, TX? I miss the old home page and DO NOT like this new version.

Mentor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I too am unhappy with with this new home page. Before I had all the information I needed on one page. I could see the scores of my teams, my stocks and the news sources I like to follow. I see little need to use this for my homepage any longer.

Mentor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I want my old customized page back, this new one sucks and offers little that I am interested in.  Considering changing to a new home page, I had everything that I enjoyed at my fingertips and now it is gone. I HATE IT, I HATE IT, IHATE IT, I HATE IT OH DID I MENTION THAT I REALLY HATE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mentor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I hate it too.  Please find a way to reset it before I have to cancel all my accounts and move to Google home.

Mentor

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

AM having the same issue. Please advise ... anyway to get those back or have we just lost them? 

My stock feeds are gone, the science page I made up to read science wires for my work are all gone. The cooking page I made is gone. I no longer have the job posting feed. The local news RSS feeds I had subscribed to for checking local news for work is gone.

This has really screwed things up for me. Where's an alternative site where I can have my RSS feeds and not worry about someone moving my cheese all over the place any more?

Mentor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

The new homepage is a piece of CRAP.

Pretty much everything that I liked (customization of background, placement, content) is gone.

Replaced by ATT's obvious wisdom as to what I want to see.

This sucks!

Mentor

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

Ditto to this. Any suggestions for an alternative?

I have job posting feeds I need to monitor, stocks, particular news feeds I'm watching for work. This has totally screwed things up for me. I HATE the change. They didn't even ask or warn us that this was coming so we'd have have any option to keep our stuff. 😞
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.