Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jul 23, 2012
1:54:58 PM
View profile
Intenet works, but home phone knocked out

I recently activated U-Verse Internet and when I  activated Uverse Internet, my home phone service was accidentally disconnected for no reason.

I called AT&T and got put on hold and even went to the nearby AT&T store about this....

I am not sure yet, but I may have to convert home phone to U-Verse voice (if available)

I recently activated U-Verse Internet and when I  activated Uverse Internet, my home phone service was accidentally disconnected for no reason.

I called AT&T and got put on hold and even went to the nearby AT&T store about this....

I am not sure yet, but I may have to convert home phone to U-Verse voice (if available)

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jul 23, 2012 2:33:44 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by aviewer on Jul 23, 2012 at 2:34:52 PM

avafrankie If you kept your Plain Old Telephone Service & it is not working report it to the telephone repair by phone or web site. You do not have to change to U-verse VOIP. YOu can keep your POTS. I have.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

Intenet works, but home phone knocked out

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jul 23, 2012 2:33:44 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by aviewer on Jul 23, 2012 at 2:34:52 PM

avafrankie If you kept your Plain Old Telephone Service & it is not working report it to the telephone repair by phone or web site. You do not have to change to U-verse VOIP. YOu can keep your POTS. I have.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Intenet works, but home phone knocked out

[ Edited ]
2 of 7 (2,273 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 24, 2012 6:08:33 AM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by avafrankie on Jul 24, 2012 at 6:16:08 AM

Done that and that is exactly what had happened. I see these DSL filters and should the DSL filter jack be plugged into a phone or FAX machine.

I honestly do not know since I am learning how to do this DSL...

Either my phone line is messed up or the AT&T service guy did the line wrong...

I did call AT&T and should be fine by Wednesday night. Hopefully my home phone service and U-Verse High Speed Internet (so in a way I am considered my apartment complex's very first AT&T Uverse TV via Over-the-air television using a powerful indoor antenna (normally using an outdoor antenna provided by the apartment complex and got knocked out due to the storm on June 29, 2012) and High Speed Internet)

aviewer wrote:

Done that and that is exactly what had happened. I see these DSL filters and should the DSL filter jack be plugged into a phone or FAX machine.

I honestly do not know since I am learning how to do this DSL...

Either my phone line is messed up or the AT&T service guy did the line wrong...

I did call AT&T and should be fine by Wednesday night. Hopefully my home phone service and U-Verse High Speed Internet (so in a way I am considered my apartment complex's very first AT&T Uverse TV via Over-the-air television using a powerful indoor antenna (normally using an outdoor antenna provided by the apartment complex and got knocked out due to the storm on June 29, 2012) and High Speed Internet)

aviewer wrote:

[ Edited ]
3 of 7 (2,241 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 24, 2012 9:15:35 PM
(0)
Contributor

Spent 40 minutes in an ATT Store this afternoon.  Wanted to see the Wireless Gateway before switching from DSL to Uverse internet.  Was informed, I could not keep my old land line with Uverse internet and would have to switch to VOIP.  Looks like it is true although it was never mentioned in the on-line literature.  I am sticking with DSL.  The reason to switch was cost, so the salesman suggested I call and ask for a reduction in my DSL charge.

Spent 40 minutes in an ATT Store this afternoon.  Wanted to see the Wireless Gateway before switching from DSL to Uverse internet.  Was informed, I could not keep my old land line with Uverse internet and would have to switch to VOIP.  Looks like it is true although it was never mentioned in the on-line literature.  I am sticking with DSL.  The reason to switch was cost, so the salesman suggested I call and ask for a reduction in my DSL charge.

4 of 7 (2,222 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 25, 2012 12:49:51 AM
(0)
Contributor

Probably what I will end up doing, but since I was informed that I have the U-Verse Express, I am probably not eligible for the VOIP.

rnmg wrote:

Sounds like the same issue I'm dealing with here...

Probably what I will end up doing, but since I was informed that I have the U-Verse Express, I am probably not eligible for the VOIP.

rnmg wrote:

Sounds like the same issue I'm dealing with here...

5 of 7 (2,214 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 25, 2012 6:50:49 AM
(0)
Expert
You were given incorrect information. You do not have to switch to VOIP with U-Verse.

The only restriction with having POTS telephone service with U-Verse Internet and/or TV is that you cannot combine the billing for the two services.
You were given incorrect information. You do not have to switch to VOIP with U-Verse.

The only restriction with having POTS telephone service with U-Verse Internet and/or TV is that you cannot combine the billing for the two services.

6 of 7 (2,205 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 25, 2012 11:53:28 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Thank you @SomeJoe7777 & @aviewer!

@vafrankie & @rnmg - Welcome and thank you for posting.  I'm sorry to hear about the trouble.  I'd like to help.  Please send me a Private Message with your name, account number, phone number and the best time to contact you.  We'll get you in touch with the group that can look into it.

*To send a private message, you can either click on the link in this message or click on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner, click "compose new message" and type my username in the "Send To" field.

Regards,

Alex

--------------
Rethink Possible
Private Message (ATTCustomerCare for account specific help)

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Keep in mind; I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Thank you @SomeJoe7777 & @aviewer!

@vafrankie & @rnmg - Welcome and thank you for posting.  I'm sorry to hear about the trouble.  I'd like to help.  Please send me a Private Message with your name, account number, phone number and the best time to contact you.  We'll get you in touch with the group that can look into it.

*To send a private message, you can either click on the link in this message or click on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner, click "compose new message" and type my username in the "Send To" field.

Regards,

Alex

--------------
Rethink Possible
Private Message (ATTCustomerCare for account specific help)

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Keep in mind; I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

7 of 7 (2,182 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments