Need help connecting your router?
avafrankie's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, July 23rd, 2012 8:54 PM

Intenet works, but home phone knocked out

I recently activated U-Verse Internet and when I  activated Uverse Internet, my home phone service was accidentally disconnected for no reason.

I called AT&T and got put on hold and even went to the nearby AT&T store about this....

I am not sure yet, but I may have to convert home phone to U-Verse voice (if available)

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

12 years ago

avafrankie If you kept your Plain Old Telephone Service & it is not working report it to the telephone repair by phone or web site. You do not have to change to U-verse VOIP. YOu can keep your POTS. I have.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

Done that and that is exactly what had happened. I see these DSL filters and should the DSL filter jack be plugged into a phone or FAX machine.

I honestly do not know since I am learning how to do this DSL...

Either my phone line is messed up or the AT&T service guy did the line wrong...

I did call AT&T and should be fine by Wednesday night. Hopefully my home phone service and U-Verse High Speed Internet (so in a way I am considered my apartment complex's very first AT&T Uverse TV via Over-the-air television using a powerful indoor antenna (normally using an outdoor antenna provided by the apartment complex and got knocked out due to the storm on June 29, 2012) and High Speed Internet)

@aviewer wrote:

avafrankie If you kept your Plain Old Telephone Service & it is not working report it to the telephone repair by phone or web site. You do not have to change to U-verse VOIP. YOu can keep your POTS. I have.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

Spent 40 minutes in an ATT Store this afternoon.  Wanted to see the Wireless Gateway before switching from DSL to Uverse internet.  Was informed, I could not keep my old land line with Uverse internet and would have to switch to VOIP.  Looks like it is true although it was never mentioned in the on-line literature.  I am sticking with DSL.  The reason to switch was cost, so the salesman suggested I call and ask for a reduction in my DSL charge.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

Probably what I will end up doing, but since I was informed that I have the U-Verse Express, I am probably not eligible for the VOIP.

@rnmg wrote:

Spent 40 minutes in an ATT Store this afternoon.  Wanted to see the Wireless Gateway before switching from DSL to Uverse internet.  Was informed, I could not keep my old land line with Uverse internet and would have to switch to VOIP.  Looks like it is true although it was never mentioned in the on-line literature.  I am sticking with DSL.  The reason to switch was cost, so the salesman suggested I call and ask for a reduction in my DSL charge.

Sounds like the same issue I'm dealing with here...

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

12 years ago

You were given incorrect information. You do not have to switch to VOIP with U-Verse.

The only restriction with having POTS telephone service with U-Verse Internet and/or TV is that you cannot combine the billing for the two services.

Former Community Manager

• 

1.8K Messages

12 years ago

Thank you @SomeJoe7777 & @aviewer!

@vafrankie & @rnmg - Welcome and thank you for posting.  I'm sorry to hear about the trouble.  I'd like to help.  Please send me a Private Message with your name, account number, phone number and the best time to contact you.  We'll get you in touch with the group that can look into it.

*To send a private message, you can either click on the link in this message or click on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner, click "compose new message" and type my username in the "Send To" field.

Regards,

Alex

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.