Need help connecting your router?
atx12345's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, March 14th, 2015 12:48 AM

DVR recording has high pitch noise

Anyone out there having issues with their DVR recording? I tried playing the DVR while it's recording and the only sound I hear is a high pitched noise. The other recorded shows seems to play fine. 

Any thoughts?

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@atx12345 wrote:

Anyone out there having issues with their DVR recording? I tried playing the DVR while it's recording and the only sound I hear is a high pitched noise. The other recorded shows seems to play fine. 

Any thoughts?

If the DVR functions are still not working, try a Non-Destructive Disaster Recovery.

Unplug the power cord of the DVR from the wall or from the back of the box and wait ten seconds. Plug the DVR back in.

When three white dots appear on the screen, unplug the DVR again. Repeat this process two more times.

Plug the DVR back in on the third time and leave in. Three white dots appear followed by a gear with a status bar at the bottom of the screen.

If the Disaster Recovery screen does not appear, repeat the steps above. If the Disaster Recovery screen appears, wait until completion.

If the Non-Destructive Disaster Recovery does not work, follow the steps for a Force Disaster Recovery

Will not erase recordings, takes a bit of time or so. Good luck 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.