Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Highlighted
Posted Jan 16, 2013
2:31:51 PM
View profile
All of the lights on my modem are blinking...Is this normal?

All of the lights on my modem are blinking..  Is this normal?  My service is working, I'm just not sure why all of the lights are flashing green.

All of the lights on my modem are blinking..  Is this normal?  My service is working, I'm just not sure why all of the lights are flashing green.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 17, 2013 8:20:52 AM
(0)
Employee

With service working the lights that are flashing show connection activity.

For instance the wireless light will be off when no devices are connected wireless to the modem, and will turn green when something has been connected and flash when the device is talking to the modem to another device or connecting to the internet.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Accepted Solution

All of the lights on my modem are blinking...Is this normal?

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 17, 2013 8:20:52 AM
(0)
Employee

For instance the wireless light will be off when no devices are connected wireless to the modem, and will turn green when something has been connected and flash when the device is talking to the modem to another device or connecting to the internet.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: All of the lights on my modem are blinking...Is this normal?

2 of 8 (10,165 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 3, 2013 12:19:26 PM
(0)
Employee

The lights that should be solid are power, broadband and service

All other lights may be blinking or steady.

BROADBAND

- Blinking red means trying to find a DSL signal

- Blinking green means trying to establish sync

- Steady green means sync is established

SERVICE

- Blinking green means authentication process is going on

- Steady green means authentication has completed

- Steady red means authentication failed (probably suspended due to non-payment of bill)

The bottomline is, both BROADBAND and SERVICE need to be solid green before getting any service.

The lights that should be solid are power, broadband and service

All other lights may be blinking or steady.

BROADBAND

- Blinking red means trying to find a DSL signal

- Blinking green means trying to establish sync

- Steady green means sync is established

SERVICE

- Blinking green means authentication process is going on

- Steady green means authentication has completed

- Steady red means authentication failed (probably suspended due to non-payment of bill)

The bottomline is, both BROADBAND and SERVICE need to be solid green before getting any service.

3 of 8 (10,165 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 25, 2013 7:18:04 PM
(0)
Contributor

All my lights r flashing red??

All my lights r flashing red??

4 of 8 (8,922 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 25, 2013 7:38:30 PM
(0)
Employee
Ndmgd1, normally at least power light shouldbe green.

If this is a 510, need a new one, $100...if less than a year old, will be billed for new, return original for credit resulting in even exchange but if not returned within same billing cycle will see charge one month, the credit next month.
If 510 is out of warranty, then just buying another RG.
Ndmgd1, normally at least power light shouldbe green.

If this is a 510, need a new one, $100...if less than a year old, will be billed for new, return original for credit resulting in even exchange but if not returned within same billing cycle will see charge one month, the credit next month.
If 510 is out of warranty, then just buying another RG.

5 of 8 (8,919 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 26, 2013 10:54:00 AM
(0)
Community Support

Hi Ndmgd1,

I am so sorry for the issues you are having with your modem, but I would be glad to help. If all the lights are flashing red, including the power light, my thoughts is correct in that it is probably defective. You can try resetting it by holding down the red, reset button on the back for 10 seconds, but it sounds like you may need a new modem. I will be sending you a private message to assist further.

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.

Hi Ndmgd1,

I am so sorry for the issues you are having with your modem, but I would be glad to help. If all the lights are flashing red, including the power light, my thoughts is correct in that it is probably defective. You can try resetting it by holding down the red, reset button on the back for 10 seconds, but it sounds like you may need a new modem. I will be sending you a private message to assist further.

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

6 of 8 (8,897 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 27, 2013 1:26:41 PM
(0)
Contributor
Got this at the end if September 2013.. I AINT paying for a new one plus a bill..att WILL replace FREE of charge PLUS a credit since this past Monday
Got this at the end if September 2013.. I AINT paying for a new one plus a bill..att WILL replace FREE of charge PLUS a credit since this past Monday

7 of 8 (8,857 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 27, 2013 2:54:49 PM
(0)
Community Support

Hi Ndmgd1,

We have received your message and will be glad to work with you to get this issue resolved.

-David T

Need more help?

Download the myAT&T App and click Fix It Now! Support Tools to get U-verse help. For more assistance, send a quick message to ATTU-verseCare. Be sure to include your account number, name, and contact number.

Hi Ndmgd1,

We have received your message and will be glad to work with you to get this issue resolved.

-David T

Need more help?

Download the myAT&T App and click Fix It Now! Support Tools to get U-verse help. For more assistance, send a quick message to ATTU-verseCare. Be sure to include your account number, name, and contact number.

8 of 8 (8,849 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments