Helpful Links

Why is DirectTV now not a network that is recognized by other networks Apps

Highlighted
Contributor

Why is DirectTV now not a network that is recognized by other networks Apps

I am a soccer fan and interested in seeing Premier League replays available on NBCSports Network. I am using the App through Apple TV. The Apps provides an activation code which is to be entered in the provider's network page. Strangely enough the usual suspects are listed; Xfinity, DirectTV... but not DirectvNow. How furstrating!! Any ideas? Options? If someone from Directvnow reads this why are Directvnow customers apparently treated differently from the Directv customers??? Thanks!

Message 1 of 10
Guru

Re: Why is DirectTV now not a network that is recognized by other networks Apps

Only Disney owned, HBO and Cinemax are supported. You are not a Direc tv Satellite customer.

Message 2 of 10

Sony Vue carries them all. 

Message 3 of 10
ACE - Expert

@DCPALO As of right now, only these sites/apps allow DirecTV Now network sign in

https://help.directvnow.com/hc/en-us/articles/215395423-Can-I-use-my-DIRECTV-NOW-account-to-sign-in-...

And we've discovered that it's not on all devices,

I can't activate the HBO Go app on my TiVo for DirecTV or DirecTV Now.

If you can't use your password with the services, try changing your password to not having anything other than letters and numbers. Some of the authenticators are having problems with some of the special characters.

• This is the public AT&T community forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When solved / helped, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be the correct information...
    The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, it's particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post).
  • *The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
    Message 4 of 10
    Scholar

PS vue should add the history channel and A&E to their lineup.

Message 5 of 10

They finally added NBCSports. First progress ever since I signed up.

Message 6 of 10
    Scholar

I saw that too, and logged in just fine with my DTVN credentials.

I have to assume the issue is at least as much coming to agreements with content providers as it is technical, and probably significantly more so.

Still looking forward to DTVN being part of Apple's single-sign-on approach. 

Message 7 of 10
    Guru

Sling just added Nbc sports also, so not giving Att credit.
    Message 8 of 10
    Scholar

By the same token, AT&T/DTV shouldn't be catching flack for the ones not supported. It seems the onus is pretty much on the content provider to accept DTVN credentials, as opposed to DTVN having to something (froma technical standpoint) to bring the content provider on board.

Message 9 of 10
    Guru

Or Att wants to keep you in their app, to get the add revenue.
    Message 10 of 10
    You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
    Share this topic
    Announcements

Major Alert! Now you can get a FREE Roku Premiere with a 2-mo prepaid DIRECTV NOW account. Get the deets: Roku Premiere Offer.

The live TV you've been waiting for. Start streaming DIRECTV NOW today on Roku and let us know what you think. Roku Streaming and Feedback.

We will no longer be supporting the Internet Explorer browser after June. DIRECTV NOW will live exclusively on your Chrome and Safari browsers when accessed via your computer.

Additional Support