The Samsung Galaxy S24
andrewzamora's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, April 13th, 2015 2:24 PM

software update problem

I have a galaxy s5 and im trying to update my andriod software to the new 5.0 update released on the 8th but it says i dont have the space available to update, its like a 1.5gb update file and i have 9.85gb free

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

I did a factory reset and that seemed to fix the problem

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

do you have 3 gig free on the phone?  Dont count the sd card.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

I have 9.72 gigs free on the device 14 on SD card I've also tried restarting taking out the Sim and SD car but I'm still having the problem

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

my suggestion is taking the device to a samsung experience center inside a best buy.  They can flash the proper firmware for you.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

glad you got it updated.

Scholar

• 

206 Messages

9 years ago

After the update, I was having serious battery drain issues. This morning my phone just started rebooting every 5 minutes. Finally had to do a Factory Reset on it. Hopefully that'll fix both of those problems. 

AT&T took their time releasing the update, but obviously they failed miserably in testing.......

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

@omrebel

testing is not the problem.  ATT should just make everyone wipe there phones during the upgrade process.  There are to many apps out there that are not working with lollipop the best.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

9 years ago

It's also important to wipe the cache partition after updating.  A factory reset doesn't do that, and there's surely some rubbish to be removed after the switch from Dalvik to ART.  This guide has some helpful tips:  

S5 Lollipop Update Problems - Dummies Guide

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

9 years ago

@omrebel wrote:

After the update, I was having serious battery drain issues. This morning my phone just started rebooting every 5 minutes. Finally had to do a Factory Reset on it. Hopefully that'll fix both of those problems. 

AT&T took their time releasing the update, but obviously they failed miserably in testing.......

What??? You mean AT&T didn't test lollipop with the over one million apps available? Shame on them!! Of course if they had, it wouldn't be out for at least another year and people would be complaining about what's taking so long?

Scholar

• 

206 Messages

8 years ago

@Busternutt wrote:

@omrebel wrote:

What??? You mean AT&T didn't test lollipop with the over one million apps available? Shame on them!! Of course if they had, it wouldn't be out for at least another year and people would be complaining about what's taking so long?

I'm guessing you just have a reading comprehension problem, but I'll go ahead and point out that at no time did I mention testing the update with other apps. But it's okay - I won't hold your inability to comprehend what was posted against you. You may have had a rough day at school, being bullied by the girl that sits in the desk behind you, and you just needed to boost your ego without fear of retribution from those mean school bullies. Now run along and let the adults talk on here.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.