Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Wifi calling not available?

Contributor

Wifi calling not available?

my s7 edge has no wifi calling, yet i have a secure wifi connection. My sim card does not work though. Please help?

Message 1 of 6
ACE - Sage

Re: Wifi calling not available?

To use WiFi calling on your phone you must have an AT&T branded android, be running at least android marshmallow, and have enabled the function with your service in the USA.  WiFi calling is just another way to access the network with your active service.  

Prepaid may not all have WiFi calling available to them (yet).  

So what of the above do you not have?

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 6
Contributor

I have every single one of those. 

Message 3 of 6
ACE - Expert

You said your sim card does not work.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 6
Contributor

yeah, but he/she didn't mention a sim card, sorry im not that knowledgable on phones

Message 5 of 6
ACE - Sage
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by skittlesraven
‎03-31-2019 4:29 PM

@skittlesraven wrote:

yeah, but he/she didn't mention a sim card, sorry im not that knowledgable on phones

A SIM card provides service to your phone.  If you don’t have a working SIM card, you cannot have active service, which was in my previous post.   “WiFi calling is just another way to access the network with your active service.“.    

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Tags (1)
Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support