The Samsung Galaxy S24
blazer2207's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, November 2nd, 2014 8:00 PM

WiFi Connection Issues With Samsung Galaxy S5 HAAAAALLLPPPP!!!!!!!

Recent issues with connecting to my WiFi. I have no issues connecting to other WiFi networks, at Best Buy, McDonald's, etc.

No connection issues with my laptop or my tablet, just the phone.

When I try to connect, it will go through authentication, then go to saved, secure, but not connect. Sometimes I get "authentication error".  When/if it finally does connect, there is no internet connection.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Ambassador

• 

518 Messages

9 years ago

Hi blazer2207, 

Thanks for reaching out. We apologize for the negative experience. Were you able to get this figured out at all? It sounds like it may be the security settings on the WIFi router. If you are comfortable it would be worth adjusting these to see if this has any effect. Otherwise please try these steps. 

Power off the device, remove the battery for two minutes, and replace it. Power back on. Then test. Is this does not work please try starting in safe mode. Here are the steps: http://bit.ly/1rvszQv. Run in safe mode for at least 2-4 hours and test your WIFI. If this does not work please back up all of your data. After backing up please try factory reset. http://bit.ly/1nbedJa 

Please let us know if this helps! ^Jake 

Samsung Support

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Try restarting your phone and then try reconnecting to your wifi. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Thank you, but I've done that...several times.

Professor

• 

3.1K Messages

9 years ago

Sounds like you don't have the right password, OR the wifi is using MAC filtering (you can connect, but it doesn't work often means mac filtering.)

Delete the setting for your home wifi and try again. Ask your home wifi admin (unless it's you) if they are using mac filtering - if so, get your mac address added.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

I have the right passwrod. It's been the same for several years. I've had the same phone since May, and this is a recent problem. How do I "Delete the setting for your home wifi and try again"? 

@johninsj wrote:

Sounds like you don't have the right password, OR the wifi is using MAC filtering (you can connect, but it doesn't work often means mac filtering.)

Delete the setting for your home wifi and try again. Ask your home wifi admin (unless it's you) if they are using mac filtering - if so, get your mac address added.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.