The Samsung Galaxy S24
socalgirl2014's profile

Teacher

• 

26 Messages

Monday, January 14th, 2019 11:19 PM

What is the correct setting for: Set Preferred Network Type. ?

I have the s9 plus.

For a couple months now I have had poor data connection - either no connection or H or 4g with no bars. 

‘’I’ve had to call att every few weeks to see if they can reset things  on their end in hopes for a better connection.

They just finally sent me a new replacement sim card to try. I just installed My signal strength is still very low and data slow.

I just called them again to ask what should my setting be for “set preferred network type” and all she could come up with was. If you can bring up and view web pages then leave it as the default.

However after all these months of attempting fixes for the poor reception, there is no way for me to know what is the real default setting.

Right now it is set with “ LTE/TD-SCDMA/UMTS” but I have no idea if this is default since it has been changed, and she didn’t know.

So my question is, does anyone know for sure what this setting needs to be or should be - since I still have poor reception.

thx

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Try LTE umts prl

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

I currently have mine set to LTE, i don't have LTE umts prl but i have many others.  Global, NR/LTE, LTE/GSM, GSM Only and lots more, what should I set this too?

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

LTE/TD-SCDMA/GSM works best for me I have no idea what kind of phone u have or ur location but thru trial and error this is best for me also on your internet and data page scroll to bottom and If there is a switch at bottom for 2G on or off to allow better data in low coverage areas turn it OFF and it will get better immediately there is no 2 G and 3 G will be gone by end of next month so treat phone accordingly no 2g or 3 G settings are gonna work or help you.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.