The Samsung Galaxy S24
eahom027's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, March 16th, 2019 4:47 AM

Visual Voicemail not working on Samsung Galaxy s10+

The visual Voicemail app says voicemail not working or have plan that doesn't include visual Voicemail. App is installed and enabled. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Visual transcribed voicemail was working on my note 9, and I am on the $45 prepaid plan. Switched to s10 plus and no longer logs me in on app  So I confirm it does work for some on prepaid.  Not sure why some and not others, just offering my experience. 😌😌

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

5 years ago

@sfdavid wrote:

@lizdance40: Thanks for your help.

Can you post a screen shot of the "Advanced Calling Features" menu....I don't have that. My AT&T store didn't have any phones in stock to see if a locked phone has different options than a unlocked phone.

I bought an unlocked phone from Samsung. I asked the AT&T store which phone I should preorder: unlocked or locked. I got the advice from the AT&T store to buy the unlocked. I asked if I'd miss out on any features and they said no. After I received my phone and could not get visual voice mail to work, I was told by the 3 people in the store that this is not a problem with the phone being unlocked. During that same 3 hour plus visit, I spoke with on line technical support from AT&T and Samsung and they both said this is not an issue with an unlocked phone.

Sorry, I missed your reply notification.  You were told wrong.  At&t phones have full services.  A non branded Samsung will not get advanced calling, or Wifi calling or use of built in VVM.  If you can download the AT&T VVM app it should work in place of the built in.  

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

I am having the same exact problem. I just spent 3 hours online with Samsung. 

The problem says resolved but i dont see a solution and i  read the whole chain. 

Did anyone actually get the icon to appear and get visual voicemail to work on their unlocked phone? 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

No,vvm  not working. A T & T says it's a software thing with Samsung.  I spent 2 hours with them & got nowhere. This is ridiculous. Samsung should know better  

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

5 years ago

Verizon Samsung’s won’t send or receive text. 😆.   I got out of Samsung just in time!   

Pixel 3 xl wouldn’t will over Samsung in a beauty contest, but they work.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Came here for a solution for my S10+ but from what I am seeing here Samsung did ao much but not enough and yes, they should've known better. I have the Visual Voicemail icon and it only halfway works. I can access the app and see the callers name and number but all it does is let me listen. It does not transcribe it into text the way I'm use to.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Yeah just switch to T-Mobile or Google-fi vvm is free and included. And have free international data. att is a ripeoff!

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

That's because att is terrible. You should switch to T-Mobile or project-fi. Vvm just works and you get free international data when you travel included. Att just takes your money and charges stupid fees.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

4 years ago

@Qwertyuiop123 wrote:

Yeah just switch to T-Mobile or Google-fi vvm is free and included. neither At&t or Verizon charge for VVM 

And have free international data. att is a ripeoff!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Here is the question.... I have spent upward of 5 hours on the phone with AT&T support  with the same issue. I have also gone to there advanced level support. They re-provisioned the voicemail and we still do not have visual voicemail which is supposed to be a part of the phone app. I have downloaded the latest security patches as well, up to and including November 26th.   I have found on the internet, that someone with T-Mobile discovered, that if you get an unlocked phone, you lose visual voicemail (which is part of the phone app) and Voice over LTE which is enabled and disabled under the Network menu as VoLTE (enable/disable).   I just bought the unlocked version of the Samsung Galaxy s10+ and it does not have that menu option either.   This issue has yet to be resolved with the AT&T support, even at their highest levels of support.  I just downloaded the latest security patch released December 1 2019, and this has not resolve the issue either.  as the article said, I believe it is the unlocked version of the phone itself.

• 

1 Message

I have a Samsung S9+. I bought it unlocked from Amazon. I had downloaded the Samsung Voicemail app. VVM was working fine until I recently realized I wasn't getting any voicemails, visual or otherwise. When I called my own number, I confirmed I only got a busy signal. I called AT&T support. They said it wasn't setup (strange, it had been working with many phones over a period of several years). After setting up voicemail, I was prompted to enter a new PIN with 7 digits where I previously had a 4-digit PIN. The Samsung Voicemail app now asks me for my new PIN in order to setup VVM but the app crashes. Something must've changed on AT&T's side where the Samsung app is no longer compatible.

As for WiFi calling, AT&T says this is currently not supported on non-AT&T branded phones. My wife has an AT&T-branded S9 and hers works fine. They are working on a software upgrade. I don't expect a resolution any time soon.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

@sbatagl

Samsung wants you to use the built in version. The other problem with what you stated is ATT cant do a software upgrade to a phone they never sold. WiFi calling will never come to the s9 as the phone is to old and outdated now.

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.