The Samsung Galaxy S24
eahom027's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, March 16th, 2019 4:47 AM

Visual Voicemail not working on Samsung Galaxy s10+

The visual Voicemail app says voicemail not working or have plan that doesn't include visual Voicemail. App is installed and enabled. 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

5 years ago

@Karaheather wrote:

Visual transcribed voicemail was working on my note 9, and I am on the $45 prepaid plan. Switched to s10 plus and no longer logs me in on app  So I confirm it does work for some on prepaid.  Not sure why some and not others, just offering my experience. 😌😌

Not on prepaid.  VVM isn’t available unless you have an iPhone.  VVM is built into iPhones, for android phones it’s a carrier service.  

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

5 years ago

Are you using prepaid?   Prepaid does not have VVM

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

No not prepaid.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

5 years ago

If you are postpaid and using an AT&T brand device, you don’t use the app.  VVM is built into the phone app.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I am having same problem. There is no Visual Voice Mail icon in the phone app.

Screenshot_20190317-170847_Phone.jpg

1 Attachment

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

5 years ago

It looks like you didn’t turn on advanced calling features.  

https://www.att.com/device-support/index/Samsung/SamsungSMG975U/

(edited)

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

@lizdance40: I don't see anything about "advanced calling features" at the link you sent.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

5 years ago

@sfdavid wrote:

@lizdance40: I don't see anything about "advanced calling features" at the link you sent.

your using a branded ATT s10+?  Or one you bought unlocked from Samsung?

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

5 years ago

@sfdavid wrote:

Short cut is Open settings and type it into search bar.  

(And read the previous posts in the thread)

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

@lizdance40: Thanks for your help.

Can you post a screen shot of the "Advanced Calling Features" menu....I don't have that. My AT&T store didn't have any phones in stock to see if a locked phone has different options than a unlocked phone.

I bought an unlocked phone from Samsung. I asked the AT&T store which phone I should preorder: unlocked or locked. I got the advice from the AT&T store to buy the unlocked. I asked if I'd miss out on any features and they said no. After I received my phone and could not get visual voice mail to work, I was told by the 3 people in the store that this is not a problem with the phone being unlocked. During that same 3 hour plus visit, I spoke with on line technical support from AT&T and Samsung and they both said this is not an issue with an unlocked phone.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.