The Samsung Galaxy S24
d.charles's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, April 26th, 2017 3:51 PM

Visual Voicemail for S8

When will visual voicemail be available for the S8? Currently, the play store says the current app is incompatible with the S8.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Teacher

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Hey, I just switched from the Apple Iphone to the Galaxy 8+. I had visual voicemail issues too, but I was lucky enough to get connected to a very knowledge rep at AT&T. Visual Voicemail (VVM) does work perfectly on the S8 and S8+, but a couple of things have to be in place first:

1. No other software on the phone that can can interfere with the VVM on the phone (activated from the VM icon on the bottom left of the dialer)
  2. If you are switching from another phone, your IMEI has to be updated on ALL of AT&T systems for VVM to work properly. This was my problem from the beginning, but other reps didn't know. I was told my account was noted of the change, but on one of the systems, the IMEI wasn't changed. Once that was done, it worked like a charm!

Hope this helps!

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@d.charles wrote:

When will visual voicemail be available for the S8? Currently, the play store says the current app is incompatible with the S8.

@d.charles

its built into the dialer now....  But I was able to download this https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.att.mobile.android.vvm&feature=related_apps#?t=W10

It works on my s8+ like it should.  No voice transcription but it does work.

Teacher

• 

30 Messages

7 years ago

So they added more steps. Used to just chose the VVM icon. Now you have to select the phone icon, then the voicemail icon.  Would like to just have it displayed as a single icon with the number in the top right corner informing me of how many messages I have versus opening the phone app.  Is there a way to change this?  I am already disappointed with some of the S8 "missing" features from the S7.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@LisaV42

its in your dialer....

Teacher

• 

30 Messages

7 years ago

Yep. See it. Just wish I could move it.  Thanks!

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@LisaV42 wrote:

So they added more steps. Used to just chose the VVM icon. Now you have to select the phone icon, then the voicemail icon.  Would like to just have it displayed as a single icon with the number in the top right corner informing me of how many messages I have versus opening the phone app.  Is there a way to change this?  I am already disappointed with some of the S8 "missing" features from the S7.

@LisaV42

the s7 update change it to that area also...

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

I do have the app from the play store on my phone but I transferred my apps from my pixel XL.

1 Attachment

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

7 years ago

What about voice transcription? The old VVM had it - why is this a step backwards?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@Hank42 wrote:

What about voice transcription? The old VVM had it - why is this a step backwards?

@Hank42

because samsung dictated ATT has to use there built in app which does not do transcription

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

7 years ago

Hmm...As much as I like the S8, I'll gladly return it and hang onto my S5. Who actually listens to voicemail these days?  

Why are we taking steps backwards?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.