Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Re: Unlocking a Samsung Galaxy S7 Active

Contributor

Unlocking a Samsung Galaxy S7 Active

I have a samsung galaxy s7 active that I submitted an unlock request for. The directions indicated I should shut off the phone, remove the sim card, turn it on and enter the code. It didn't specify where. I followed the directions, entered the code in the dial pad and I got a message saying only emergency calls were allowed. Did the same thing again, this time inserting an inactive tracfone sim card. Got the same message. Although when I turned on the phone I got the message "SIM not provisioned MM#2".

Does this mean that the phone was/is already unlocked? I tried calling AT&T, I don't have active AT&T service and they weren't any help accept to send me another unlock code (which was the same as the first unlock code I received). Can anyone advise?

Message 1 of 5
Highlighted
ACE - Sage
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by eyedontknow
‎06-17-2017 6:10 AM

You need either:

An active non ATT SIM card (non MVNO too)

OR use alternate method. 

IMG_5477.JPG

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 5
Contributor

I found this post and it appears that it worked:

lizdance40
ACE - Expert

Re: Unlocking device

There is a method on Samsung phones without a different SIM card.

open the phone dialer

Type.    #7465625*638*#

the space to enter unlock code will pop up.  

Carefully enter the code.

Thanks! and I hope this helps someone else!

Message 3 of 5
Contributor

I tried this but the space to enter unlock code did not pop up. Does that mean the phone may already be unlocked?

Message 4 of 5
Contributor

The network unlock code I received do not work

Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support