The Samsung Galaxy S24
meralake's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, September 26th, 2018 9:47 PM

Unlocked my ATT Galaxy s9 plus but it still won't work on another network

I have unlocked 3 other phones (different models) prior to this one, so I'm familiar with what to do and what to expect.  I bought an ATT branded Galaxy s9 plus from Samsung.com, paid in full. I requested an unlock code from ATT and was given one. I inserted a sprint sim and everything seemed to go normally and it said it was unlocked. 

However, after the phone was unlocked, it would not connect to the sprint network. I had bars, but my phone popped up saying I had no data connectivity because I had left my area and was now roaming. When I looked at the sim card status on the phone, it said network: unknown, Service state: out of service, mobile network: disconnected, and other things like that. Any attempt at making a phone call just told me I was only allowed emergency phone calls. I tried manually  selecting the sprint network but it wouldn't do that either

I tried a Verizon sim with the same results. 

Any ideas on how to fix this? I'm leaving on a three week trip to England in two weeks and need my phone to work over there. I'm a little worried. 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

@meralake

Its the carrier CSC file.  The GSM variants for ATT and Tmobile wont work on a CDMA carrier.  IF your going overseas your all set since they dont use CDMA.  Verizon and Sprint are cdma carriers.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

@meralake

Im in the same boat.  The S8 series can switch networks, the S9 series cannot.  I had to sell my ATT version and buy a Verizon phone.  

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Thank you! You confirmed what I found just a bit ago. Makes sense and now I'm not worried. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.