Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Unlocked Samsung S7 Active not working on Verizon

Contributor

Unlocked Samsung S7 Active not working on Verizon

I inserted a Verizon sim card into my Samsung Galaxy S7 active and unlocked it. I used the unlock code provided by AT&T. However, the phone does not work on the Verizon network. Does anybody have any ideas why?

Message 1 of 26

Re: Unlocked Samsung S7 Active not working on Verizon

Ya Bummer... I'm okay though...got it mainly because of GREAT CAMERA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Blessings, S

Message 16 of 26
Contributor

According to the specs on the phone, the CDMA antennas are on the phone. It
should work on Verizon. Please don't speak in generalizations as Samsung
phones since the S6 include all antennas, GSM and CDMA just like the
iPhones do.
Message 17 of 26
ACE - Expert

It included the antennas but...  Att added a software block in the csc and modem file.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 18 of 26
ACE - Sage

@UnActive7 wrote:
According to the specs on the phone, the CDMA antennas are on the phone. It
should work on Verizon. Please don't speak in generalizations as Samsung
phones since the S6 include all antennas, GSM and CDMA just like the
iPhones do.

Not all iPhones have CDMA available either.  The iPhone 7, 8 and X from ATT are not universal phones like the 6, 6s.  While Samsung included them, they are blocked 

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 19 of 26
Contributor

That's interesting because Verizon sells Galaxy S7 on their website, and when I look at specs for the S7 it has both GSM and CDMA bands.

So are you saying that AT&T does something to disable the CDMA bands on the Galaxy S7 so that they won't work?

Message 20 of 26
ACE - Sage

@figuritout wrote:

That's interesting because Verizon sells Galaxy S7 on their website, and when I look at specs for the S7 it has both GSM and CDMA bands.

So are you saying that AT&T does something to disable the CDMA bands on the Galaxy S7 so that they won't work?

ATT and Verizon don’t do anything to the phones.  They order them from Samsung the way they want them. 

The GS7 active was an ATT exclusive.  It does not have CDMA or LTE band 13

https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s7_active-8004.php

The regular GS7 for Verizon has band 13, which Verizon uses for LTE

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Message 21 of 26
ACE - Expert

Let's see Verizon's model S7 is 930v and att is 930a so yes they are different.

Message 22 of 26

So since I have an ATT Samsung S7 I should probably get service from ATT instead of TMobile. I'm the one who doesn't get full function. Either I can get chatted photos/emojis OR Data Smiley Happy  Makes me laugh!  Since I'm usually home using WIFI I've reverted to defaults so now just get chatted photos!  Am thinking if I go with AT&T I'll be paying $5 more (pre-paid) but get full function of phone. Or maybe I'll wait to switch until I'm away from home. THANKS for all your help. Blessings, Sally

Message 23 of 26
Tutor

Why when talking w AT&T knowing I had a VERIZON  SIM card for my SAMSUNG S7. They sent me the Unlock code etc. I wish AT&T would have told me this.

**  I gave Riley an EXCELLENT review after getting dropped in chat w Arya who made it sound like it'll be resolved instantly last night also telling me NO PROBLEM as if it'll work. Then our chat was dropped

HAD TO GO BACK START ANOTHER CHAT. They should get a hold of us somehow so we won't have to WAIT AGAIN.

Message 24 of 26
Tutor

Same here.. .Was told by AT&T also. UGH!

Message 25 of 26
ACE - Sage

@Mine4Me

They may not know.  Theyre paid to know ATT , not Verizon.  And I used a Verizon sim to unlock phones, not that they would work, but it still triggered unlock.

BTW, Verizon has a page for BYOD, when you entered the make model or IMEI for a S7 active, it would have told you it was incompatible.  Would have saved you a bit of trouble.  

https://www.verizonwireless.com/od/prepaid/bring-your-own-device/#/checkDevice

Message 26 of 26
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support