For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
UnActive7's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, November 12th, 2017 11:28 AM

Unlocked Samsung S7 Active not working on Verizon

I inserted a Verizon sim card into my Samsung Galaxy S7 active and unlocked it. I used the unlock code provided by AT&T. However, the phone does not work on the Verizon network. Does anybody have any ideas why?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

Hi, lizdance & All!  I'm sorry ... I didn't think would get any answers from the Community, so I hopped onto someone else's thread.  Somewhere along the line I got my answer - an answer T-MOBILE COULD NOT PROVIDE ME WITH IN 3 months & LABORIOUS & LONG PHONE CALLS changing SETTINGS! 

The answer came from another thread in the Community.  I just wanted to get Data, which hadn't gotten in Many Months of service - didn't much notice as I usually use WIFI - but I was paying for Data too!!

The brilliant "Expert" or whatever said to do this: 

delete all APNs; add Network, APN, and VoLTE: Samsung Galaxy S7  - restart - WOW...it WORKED!!!

I think I'll delve into your advice, too, as someday would like to possibly change to Verizon...if possible!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

@hallahluyah wrote:

Hi, lizdance & All!  I'm sorry ... I didn't think would get any answers from the Community, so I hopped onto someone else's thread.  Somewhere along the line I got my answer - an answer T-MOBILE COULD NOT PROVIDE ME WITH IN 3 months & LABORIOUS & LONG PHONE CALLS changing SETTINGS! 

The answer came from another thread in the Community.  I just wanted to get Data, which hadn't gotten in Many Months of service - didn't much notice as I usually use WIFI - but I was paying for Data too!!

The brilliant "Expert" or whatever said to do this: 

delete all APNs; add Network, APN, and VoLTE: Samsung Galaxy S7  - restart - WOW...it WORKED!!!

I think I'll delve into your advice, too, as someday would like to possibly change to Verizon...if possible!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

@hallahluyah

ATT s series phone WONT work on Verizon just a heads up.  They dont have the cdma radios active.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

6 years ago

@hallahluyah

I see.  Glad you did get a solution.  Surprised T-mobile didn’t get their act together.  

As long as you know your phone will not work on Verizon.  With only a couple exceptions, ATT phones will not work on Verizon.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

Ya...bummer!!!  Got phone on ebay...thought unlocked meant any carrier!  It's ok, though... Love, S

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

Ya Bummer... I'm okay though...got it mainly because of GREAT CAMERA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Blessings, S

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

According to the specs on the phone, the CDMA antennas are on the phone. It
should work on Verizon. Please don't speak in generalizations as Samsung
phones since the S6 include all antennas, GSM and CDMA just like the
iPhones do.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

It included the antennas but...  Att added a software block in the csc and modem file.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

6 years ago

@UnActive7 wrote:
According to the specs on the phone, the CDMA antennas are on the phone. It
should work on Verizon. Please don't speak in generalizations as Samsung
phones since the S6 include all antennas, GSM and CDMA just like the
iPhones do.

Not all iPhones have CDMA available either.  The iPhone 7, 8 and X from ATT are not universal phones like the 6, 6s.  While Samsung included them, they are blocked 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

That's interesting because Verizon sells Galaxy S7 on their website, and when I look at specs for the S7 it has both GSM and CDMA bands.

So are you saying that AT&T does something to disable the CDMA bands on the Galaxy S7 so that they won't work?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

5 years ago

@figuritout wrote:

That's interesting because Verizon sells Galaxy S7 on their website, and when I look at specs for the S7 it has both GSM and CDMA bands.

So are you saying that AT&T does something to disable the CDMA bands on the Galaxy S7 so that they won't work?

ATT and Verizon don’t do anything to the phones.  They order them from Samsung the way they want them. 

The GS7 active was an ATT exclusive.  It does not have CDMA or LTE band 13

https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s7_active-8004.php

The regular GS7 for Verizon has band 13, which Verizon uses for LTE

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.