For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
Cocowhip's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Thursday, August 15th, 2019 6:14 PM

I want to unlock my phone and transfer to TMobile

I purchased my S9 plus on the Samsung website. It is an AT&T phone. I want to unlock my phone and transfer to TMobile. My son is on a plan and wants me to join him. Right now I use the AT&T Prepaid plan. If I can unlock my phone, will I still be able to use the phone before I sign up for TMobile? Will the service still work unlocked if I continue to pay the monthly AT&T plan?? 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

Thanks for the info, but can I still use my phone on my same plan with AT&T after it is unlocked???

Yes. Being unlocked does not stop it from working on ATT.

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

5 years ago

UNLOCK REQUIREMENTS

• Your device isn’t reported lost or stolen, or involved with fraud.
  • You must complete your contract or installment plan (including early termination fees). Or, pay off an installment plan early and then make another unlock request in 24 hours.
  • Your device isn’t active on another AT&T account.
  • If you upgraded early, wait 14 days to unlock your old device. Business customers wait 30 days.
  • Your service must be active for at least 60 days with no past due or unpaid balance.
  • AT&T PREPAID (formerly GoPhone®) devices must have at least 6 months of uninterrupted active service.
  • If you’re military, we’ll ask you to email your TCS or PCS (Temporary / permanent change of station) documents for eligibility. You won’t have to complete installment plans or contracts.
  • If you have a business-owned device, your company must authorize you to unlock it.
  •  Go here if your phone meets all the requirements https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/#/

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks for the info, but can I still use my phone on my same plan with AT&T after it is unlocked???

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.