For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
garthaxehandle's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Sunday, April 27th, 2014 12:38 AM

Unlock code for galaxy s3 does not work

I have submitted my IMEI number for a carrier unlock several times. The code they send me does not work. I have contacted support several times but have gotten no help. The best they could do was to tell me to contact samsung. This was a total waste of time. Can anyone help me?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I was having the same problem with my S3. ATT has given me the same unlock code again and again. As a result of my extensive internet search, I found this and this worked for me. I unlocked my phone with the same unlock code given by ATT. Hope this would be helpful. 

Inset a NON ATT sim and switch on the phone.

When it prompts you to enter the unlock code, dismiss the unlock code screen.

a. Go to the Dial pad and dial *#197328640#

b. Please click on number [1] UMTS > [1] Debugging screen > [8] Phone Control > [6] NETWORK LOCK

c. You will see 3 options

d. Please click on number [1] Perso Sha256 INFO, the screen will change slightly

e. Please hit the MENU button then when the menu pops up please carefully hit BACK to return to the previous screen

f. Next Please click on number [2] Perso Sha256 ON, the screen will change again to a one line message

g. Restart the phone on the screen by holding the power button and click RESTART

h. When the phone prompts for the unlock code simply enter the unlock code provided to you

i. Your phone is now permanently unlocked!

Professor

• 

3.1K Messages

10 years ago

This is a user to user forum - we're not going to be able to do anything more then redirect you back to AT&T support.

When you say it doesn't work, what do you mean exactly?

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

I mean it does not work. Unlock unsuccessful. I have tried the code att gave me several times.I have resubmitted the IMEI number several times and recived the same code. I have contacted att support several times. All I get is the run around. I was told one time to contact samsung. witch was a total waste of time. Samsumg can't do anything about a carrier unlock. I then recived a email in answer to my request for help saying that I had submitted the wrong IMEI number. The number they refered to had a 0 at the first digit. This is total bullsht if the IMEI number I had submitted was incorrect I would not have recived a code at all. So I guess my next step is to contact the FCC and tell them that att refuses to unlock my phone witch is illegal. This kind of crappy customer service is why I switched to T-MOBILE in the first place. I have been very pleased with the service I have recieved at T-MOBILE and my monthly bill is half of what it was with att. If I have to buy a new phone Then T-MOBILE will be getting more business from me but att will never get another dime.

Professor

• 

3.1K Messages

10 years ago

Try contacting Mobility care via direct message.

Please click here to send a Private Message (PM) to the AT&TMobilitycare team to help you resolve your request. You can expect a reply via return PM (blue envelope in the upper right hand corner of this site).

I understand your frustration. Please do try and work with these folks to resolve your issue. The IMEI is used to generate the unlock code, if the IMEI you're giving them generates a code that's not working, there isn't going to be much they can do. But you should verify with them that this is happening and that you (and they) have done everything correctly. At that point it does become an issue with the handset device itself.

I assume this is an unmodified device you got on contract directly from AT&T?

Scholar

• 

400 Messages

10 years ago

You guys did have an unregistered T-Mobile Sim card in phone when you entered the unlock code???  Assume it was an AT&T phone?   You can not unlock if you had AT&T sim in it, if it is an AT&T phone.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

The phone is unmodified purchesed from an ATT store. Yes there is a T-MOBILE sim card in it. If you don't have another carriers card in it the unlock code screen won't come up. The good news is that I got an email from T-MOBILE today saing that I am going to be reimbursed for my early termination fees from ATT. Maybe I will use that money to buy a new phone from T-MOBILE. That way they will get even more of my business.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

Hi.. I have the same problem with my Samsung galaxy s3. I gave my imei over the phone as well as email. They gave me the same unlock code but it doesn't work. Did you find a solution?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I am also on sam boat...ATT gave me unlock code but did not work.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I have the same problem and chasing AT&T for last 15 Days . No luck at&t is providing same unlock code again and again which is not working . 

I have logged complaint in FCC today out of frustruction . Unlocking device is at&t responsibility as per the contract agreement they should not direct it to device manufacturer. 

My device is samsung galaxy S3 . IMEI number is the correct one provided and followed the exact steps provided by AT&T . 

Algeria P 'attcustomercare@att.com' is handling my case and this is what the latest reply i have received from Algeria 

Jayaram,

We only have access to the codes that are provided directly by the manufacturer.  We can only provide what was given to us.  I'll get back with you as soon as I have an update.

Thanks,

Algeria P.
AT&T Social Media Manager

ref:_00**************

[edited for privacy]

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

ATT gave me wrong code as well for my Samsung Galaxy S3. Please share me how you resolved the issue.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.