The Samsung Galaxy S24
garthaxehandle's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Sunday, April 27th, 2014 12:38 AM

Unlock code for galaxy s3 does not work

I have submitted my IMEI number for a carrier unlock several times. The code they send me does not work. I have contacted support several times but have gotten no help. The best they could do was to tell me to contact samsung. This was a total waste of time. Can anyone help me?

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello everyone,

Since this is an account specific issue, we need to research and verify your information and match it to the specific unlock code. Our team will be happy to help you with that. You can send us a private message by clicking here, please include your full name, phone number, account number and the best time you can be reached.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks I've sent a private message.. and waiting for a reply.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Thank you man It worked !Smiley Happy

@sschittoor wrote:

I was having the same problem with my S3. ATT has given me the same unlock code again and again. As a result of my extensive internet search, I found this and this worked for me. I unlocked my phone with the same unlock code given by ATT. Hope this would be helpful. 

Inset a NON ATT sim and switch on the phone.

When it prompts you to enter the unlock code, dismiss the unlock code screen.

a. Go to the Dial pad and dial *#197328640#

b. Please click on number [1] UMTS > [1] Debugging screen > [8] Phone Control > [6] NETWORK LOCK

c. You will see 3 options

d. Please click on number [1] Perso Sha256 INFO, the screen will change slightly

e. Please hit the MENU button then when the menu pops up please carefully hit BACK to return to the previous screen

f. Next Please click on number [2] Perso Sha256 ON, the screen will change again to a one line message

g. Restart the phone on the screen by holding the power button and click RESTART

h. When the phone prompts for the unlock code simply enter the unlock code provided to you

i. Your phone is now permanently unlocked!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Thanks! This did work for me.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Hello,

I've been having the same problem with my Metro PCS phone.  

I just tried the ATT Supports recommended method and it worked as stated.  My S3 is now unlocked. 

Thank you for describing the process and assisting me with this.

Randymcd

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

att CS told me the phone should be at factory reset before the unlock code can work.

did you you have your phone reset to factory settings before you did the unlock process?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Unfortunately this didn't work for me. I have PM'd my issue to AT&T and they requested we request unlock code again, I guess to rule out maybe something being wrong the first time and we got wrong code.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I am going through the exact same situation. ATT gave me the codes for (two out of four) lines as they have been out of contract for two+ weeks now and the codes do NOT work. After so much run around they told me to call Samsung............and the rest of the story is the exact same as well. This proves that either ATT does NOT want you to leave them or they do not have technical knowledge how to unlock the devices (customer have fully paid for).

GREED  +  IGNORANCE    =    AT&T

I am gong to try the solution suggested by one of the members here and if it doesn't work i will get it from online for $15. AT&T  shame on you.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Awesome. Thanks. It worked for me.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Thank you so much, sschittoor!  I was having the same problem as everyone else and it was so frustrating.  Your method worked wonderfully.  I created an account for this ATT forum just to show my appreciation. I hope ATT can incorporate this into their unlock instructions.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.