The Samsung Galaxy S24
Abroja's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, January 15th, 2019 2:55 AM

Tried to unlock my phone using a Sprint sim card

I have a samsung note 8 that I was trying to unlock to resell to a friend. I had the unlock code and I went through the instructions and in the instructions it says to use a non-AT&T SIM card. I used my fiancé’s sprint SIM card, put the code in and it said unlock successful. Now that I’m ready to sell the phone to my friend who uses straight talk, she is getting notifications on the phone asking her to configure service by sprint? She says the phone is working but she can’t send picture messages and that notification keeps popping up. Any idea what happened? We tried to rest the phone to get an unlock screen again to put in the code but she said phone didn’t ask for an unlock code again.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

5 years ago

The Samsung 8 series of phones will unlock and convert if you let it.  I suspect you interrupted the conversion.  

The MMS problem is no surprise.  She should download a third party messenger like a Textra to resolve the problem. 

Im not sure how to resolve the pop up notice.  Allowing the phone to complete conversion, but that ship sailed when you sold the phone.  

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I have contact with my friend, is there anything I could manipulate on it to complete the conversion ? 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

5 years ago

@Abroja wrote:

I have contact with my friend, is there anything I could manipulate on it to complete the conversion ? 

put a ATT sim back in the phone

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.