For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
FF_Ryan's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, July 12th, 2019 8:42 PM

Transcribed voicemails Galaxy S10 on FirstNet

I recently switched from Verizon to FirstNet and my visual voicemail is not showing transcribed messages. I can click on the icon from the key pad or the actual app itself and I get just a list of VMs showing who it's from, when it came in, and can play the audio. I have talked with my rep and called support. They confirm that my account is provisioned correctly for visual voicemail. Can anyone help me get transcribed messages on my phone?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

5 years ago

Transcription was removed from all At&t Samsung phones. 

Community Support

• 

231.4K Messages

5 years ago

Hello @FF_Ryan

Thank you for reaching out on our Business Community.  From what I am familiar with, Samsung devices do not transcribe the voicemail like iPhone's currently do.  If you have any further questions feel free to send me a private message me by clicking here

Thank you.

Chris

Social Media Manager

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

That would be just on the AT&T network then. I had an S8 and my wife an S9+ on Verizon and we both used the visual voicemail with transcribed text. I hate to hear that AT&T would have done away with this on Samsung devices, it was a very useful.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

5 years ago

@FF_Ryan wrote:

That would be just on the AT&T network then. I had an S8 and my wife an S9+ on Verizon and we both used the visual voicemail with transcribed text. I hate to hear that AT&T would have done away with this on Samsung devices, it was a very useful.

First net is an AT&T built network, the compatible phones are running At&t software, and therefore, no transcription. Samsung codes the software at At&t request, not the other way.  

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

@lizdance40 That's exactly what i was saying. Chris said Samsung devices don't do that. I'm saying it's not a Samsung issue, but with AT&T software/coding instead. I don't understand why AT&T would take that feature away from us. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I was on Verizon's network and my S8 and S9+ in fact did transcribe voicemail into readable text. Now that I'm on att network I cannot get my visual voicemail to transcribe. All I see is the callers name and number and I can listen to the message. What's the deal?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

5 years ago

@RonGee57   Read the thread

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I read the thread and all there are is vague answers. I NEED not want this feature as I am deaf and can not hear the vm. So, tell me again why my brand new samsung s10 note can not do what my Samsung s8 from Verizon could? And I WANT a possible fix for this issue, such as what app to download and from where.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

4 years ago

@Raenhs 
Post 2.    Transcription was removed from all At&t Samsung phones. 
Post 3.    Thank you for reaching out on our Business Community.  From what I am familiar with, Samsung devices do not transcribe the voicemail like iPhone's currently do.  If you have any further questions feel free to send me a private message me by clicking here
Post  5.   First net is an AT&T built network, the compatible phones are running At&t software, and therefore, no transcription. Samsung codes the software at At&t request, not the other way.  
   How are these answers vague?   
No transcription.  Not available.  Either get an iPhone, or switch back to Verizon and pay the extra $3 for it.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.