Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Software updates on Galaxy S8

Highlighted
Tutor

Software updates on Galaxy S8

Am I the only 1 it seems like there's an update every few weeks and I'm skeptical as to whether they're really from AT&T

Message 1 of 7
ACE - Expert

Re: Software updates

Monthly security patches are always going to come every 3 to 4 weeks
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 7
Tutor

Ok thanks, just worried because my note 4, wouldn't have an update for 6 months or more. Just replaced with s8+ and this is the 3rd if not 4th update already 
Message 3 of 7
Tutor

Ok thanks, just worried because my note 4, wouldn't have an update for 6 months or more. Just replaced with s8+ and this is the 3rd if not 4th update already 
Message 4 of 7
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by ooshawn1
‎06-23-2017 1:32 PM

@ooshawn1 wrote:

3rd since launch of the phone.  This update includes the june security patch.  I got the same update this morning.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 5 of 7
ACE - Sage

Sorry, but I'm in a flippant mood, it's the heat:  but where else should the update come from?

You can see the schedule here.  https://www.att.com/devicehowto/index.html#!/?make=Samsung&model=SamsungG950U

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Message 6 of 7
Tutor

Wasn't sure where to go to find the info. But thank you all now I know.
Message 7 of 7
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support