Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Samsung s9 edge, sd card.

Highlighted
Contributor

Samsung s9 edge, sd card.

Im needing to free up some space on my s9, and my sd card wont let me delete photos, videos, ect. I had tried to delete some a couple months ago and had deleted over 2000 photos and after i had deleted them, they came back. 

I havent changed the sd card or microsd since ive gotten the phone, so whatever was in my phone when i bought it is still in there. So im not sure if its the micro sd or sd or which ever it is. 

I also did the at&t transfer when i switched everything over, so all of my info, pictures and so on has moved to my new phone and i havent been able to delete that stuff either.

Thanks!!

Message 1 of 2
ACE - Guru

Re: Samsung s9 edge, sd card.

Which app are you using for photos.  Either Samsung or Google lets you sync your photos to their cloud storage.  Sometimes it's set to sync by default, and it's possible that if you delete something off the phone, the sync puts it back.

Although, others here may know better how all of that works.  First thing I do is make sure all file syncing is turned off.  I backup my photos manually to my computer hard drive.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 2
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support