The Samsung Galaxy S24
cb00018's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, April 9th, 2015 4:09 PM

Samsung S5 Lollipop update issues

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone was having any issues updating their galaxy s5 with the new lollipop upgrade? I tried updating mine and keep receiving an error message that I dont have enough space. I deleted photos, apps, and wiped my cache and have plenty of room but still keep getting the error message. Any fixes?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

9 years ago

You can go into your storage options in settings to see what is taking up the most amount of space and look into freeing it up from there. Other food for thought (but make sure everything is done right so you don't lose your data) is you can hook your phone up to a PC and either manually backup music/photos/videos/etc by moving them off the device - or - download Samsung Kies - backup your data that way and then delete the items off your phone or do a wipe and then do the update.

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

9 years ago

One post update issue I found that I want to ask anyone that has already updated - has anyone else been having problems retrieving e-mails over wifi where it only seems to work on 4G? GMAIL is working ok, but my hotmail just keeps spinning on wifi - I even deleted the account and readded it and it worked for the first time but has been still just spinning afterwards.

That and apparently lollipop doesn't have or allow an app for quick toggle of the data on/off - some of them can be installed but will not actually do anything.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

I did go in and view what was taking up space already, and I have 2.51 GB free, which should be plenty of space for the download

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

they are saying 3gb free since that is a zip file it has to uncompress it to install

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

9 years ago

I think I made sure my wife's S5 had over 6GB free in the end - she was getting the same error yesterday so we manually backed things up and then proceeded.

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

9 years ago

Even if you have the required 3gb on your phone, a user installed app could always cause problems. Get rid of them before upgrading your OS.

Backup everything, do a factory reset, upgrade the OS on a basic, stock phone, restore. 

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

9 years ago

The install went well, but I do not have the Priority Mode mentioned in AT&T's support page.

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

9 years ago

It is always the case that some features MAY not be available on some devices.

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

9 years ago

True, not all features stay with each provider, but AT&T says the Priority Mode is available, but it's not there

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

9 years ago

I found this from an online article - may not be exactly what you're looking for but it has a 'Do Not Disturb mode' you can set:

>If you have updated the Samsung Galaxy S5 to the new Android Lollipop 5.0 operating system you will proof every function of it. What stands out pretty quickly is:
There is no more silent mode, as you know from Android KitKat.
The silent mode is now called on the Samsung Galaxy S5 with Android Lollipop 5.0 priority mode or interruption mode. The priority mode controls the notifications which sound on your smartphone and will help you to avoid interference from the smartphone at certain times. For example, if the interrupt mode is activated as "Important”, this means that only calls and notifications appear or sound which you have previously considered as important.
For this classification navigate from the home screen of your Samsung Galaxy S5 to:
Menu --> Settings --> Sound & Notifications --> interruptions
This can be configured as your new silent mode. Set the settings you want t use for your personal silent mode. After you have configured the interruptions settings, these can be rapidly activated or disabled by using the volume keys on your smartphone. The following options are available:

• None
• Priority
• All

1. If you select "None" You really will not receive any more notifications by tone to your Samsung Galaxy S5. But is also important to know that in this mode the alarm clock also no longer rings! Caution!
2. When selecting the "Priority" mode, you will accept the settings from the menu above. This can be configured as your new silent mode.
3. To enable all sound notifications on your Samsung Galaxy S5, choose “all”.

When set to "None" or "important" you will have a star icon on the status bar. You know now how to find and configure the silent mode in Android Lollipop on your Samsung Galaxy S5.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.