For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
2ofusatScmpnd's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Saturday, October 13th, 2018 3:39 PM

Samsung Galaxy Tab E Notification Swipe (from top of screen)

GONE ~ Is anyone else having this problem ~ when I Swipe down from the top of my screen, I get nothin'!  My notifications don't pull down and my status bar, etc is awol!

I've tried everything but a factory reset, which I am loathe to do.... Anybody?  Help!!! (thanks in advance!) 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Guru

• 

987 Messages

6 years ago

Try and wipe the cache partition as follows:-

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Home key, then press and hold the Power key.
  3. When the Samsung Galaxy Tab E logo screen displays, release only the Power key.
  4. When the Android logo displays, release all keys ('Installing system update' will show for about 30 - 60 seconds before showing the Android system recovery menu options).
  5. Press the Volume down key to highlight "wipe cache partition."
  6. Press the Power key.
  7. Once Cache wipe complete appears, press the Power key to select Reboot system now.
  8. The device restarts once the wipe is finished.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

Thank you so much, RhodesMan!
Have you seen many people that are encountering this problem? When I first started searching for (the least painful!) fix I could find I felt like it might be fairly common ~ there were a few suggestions, but sadly, they all ended with "if this does'nt resolve your problem, it's off to the Factory Reset for you ~ which made me cry just to THINK about!!! Cross your fingers for me!?☺
Thanks again

ACE - Guru

• 

987 Messages

6 years ago

Good job. Well done. I have not come across this specific problem but often , specially after firmware updates wiping the cache partition does sort things out.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.