Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Samsung Galaxy Tab E - Can't get phone & messaging to work

Contributor

Samsung Galaxy Tab E - Can't get phone & messaging to work

I push the 'phone' button - screen comes up to enter username/password. I do that, next screen is NumberSync. It asks for cellphone number, zip code or last 4 digits of IMEI: I fill in cellphone number & zip code. Next screen says it will send a confirmation code to my cellphone number...that I can't access. Almost identical process when I click on the 'messaging' button. (except no "NumberSync" screen) I can't get a confirmation code from my cellphone when I can't access my cellphone, which I can only access on the Samsung tablet. (My actual cellphone is through another carrier) 

I've chatted with AT&T customer service twice and had no luck. Can anyone help?

Message 1 of 7
ACE - Expert

Re: Samsung Galaxy Tab E - Can't get phone & messaging to work

Yeah it won't work without a att cell phone and number

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 7
Contributor

Re: Samsung Galaxy Tab E - Can't get phone

Even though the sales rep provided the cell number – and it was on the box the phone came it, it still won’t work? That was their big “sell” about the tablet.
Message 3 of 7
ACE - Sage
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by aecrawfo
‎10-20-2018 2:08 PM

Number sync only allows you to spoof a number on an ATT compatible phone on the same ATT account.    The sign in process includes the use of your ATT access ID for the phone line.  

Tablet ‘phone number’ are not for number sync and not for phone calls.  It’s a data only device. 

If you phone is with Verizon, you would want their tablet to use Numbershare

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 4 of 7
Contributor

Ever since I changed my phone number I can't sync my phone with tablet 

Message 5 of 7
ACE - Sage

@Lettybugg

Have you called tech support?

Is number sync on your line?

You may need a new user ID or password change.  https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1008917?gsi=GGo4

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Message 6 of 7
Highlighted
Contributor

Thank u for explaining. I have same problem 

Message 7 of 7
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support